• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please Help with 123Lap BC and drop chart

SDWhirlwind

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2004
I have a hard time asking anyone for favors but could use help to make this project easier with the weather this time of yr and my testing.

Built a 6.5x47 Lap. Has an Obermeyer 9.1tw @ 28". Reamer freebore is .109. Have no real interest in shooting anything over 130gr which was why I used what I did. Anyhoo my OAL to lands is 2.675 with the 123 Lapua. Not alot of load testing yet but with 39gr of RL15 a 10shot string chronoed 3015fps with an SD of 4 over my Oehler. However accuracy didn't seem as good as initial H4350 tests. So far I am up to 40.6gr of H4350 and velocity is 2920ish for 10 shots with SD of 9. Need to up it a bit as I want to shoot in that 2950-3000 range.

So with all the ramble I was wondering if someone could help me with data on 123 Lapua BC and a drop chart for say 2900 and 3000fps so I can see if there is much real difference. Would sure help me for getting some real data if I have an idea of drop. Nice weather this week but wind is almost a given here so for once I am trying a "short cut" and being lazy.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't have QL or anything. Thanks in advance. If you wish you could email me the data?

Respectfully,
Dennis

Re: Please Help with 123Lap BC and drop chart

The BC of the 123's are published at .547, according to my reading. I don't have a chrono on my load yet, but 38 grains of varget at 2.590" (5 or 6 thousandths jam) and wolf SRM produced a great 5 shot group.

I'll have real world data for drop charts next weekend.

Best,
Josh

Re: Please Help with 123Lap BC and drop chart

Sure would appreciate it if someone could run the BC and velocity on QL for me??? Tain't like I am asking for a loan is it???
wink.gif