• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help with Norma build

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
I've been wanting to get 300 Norma for a while now. To my knowledge, the only "factory" rifles are Christensen arms or Cadex Defense. But for those prices, I am wondering could I go to SAC (or another reliable/reputable gunsmith) and have them build me one?

Mausingfield w/ 45 MOA rail. $1350

Bartlein Barrel 28" M24 contour 1/8 twist M18x1.5 thread. $$$???

Timney Rem 700 HIT trigger $203

KRG Bravo Chassis. $430

Plus the Gunsmith cost????

The other problem I have is that the only Mags I can find are for the 338LM, to the forums knowledge, would this work for the 300 Norma?

I love the Cadex but for $5K thats custom gun territory.. HHMMMM Mausingfield!

And all I know about Christensen Arms is that Scheels carries them, I have never shot one nor do I know someone with one.

Thank for your help!!

I wouldn't own a Christiansen and 338 LM mags work great. AI and Desert Tech also offer 300 NM rifles but they're certainly not low budget items. A full custom will get you exactly what you want for way to much money and have shitty resale value, enjoy.

I would definitely build custom over the available factory options.

Get an action, chassis/stock & dbm that can utilize the CIP pattern .338lm mags, to give you a little extra mag rooms. I utilized a Defiance Deviant + JAE chassis for the base of my .300NM rifle.

Mausingfield is an excellent action, I have one for my PRS rifle and absolutely love it. I certainly can't fault that action pick.

Have fun and enjoy your build!

Cadex, AI and Desert Tech are great options.

I would say they are better than a custom.

In all fairness, that's a matter of preference.

I consider custom rifles a tailored suit while factory rifles are an off the rack suit.

However, much like suit tailors, not all custom rifle builders are equal, and it also requires the end user having a specific set of preferences and knowledge from the get go to have that well made custom suit possible.

And sometimes, a suit right off the rack feels perfect or close to it.

Last edited:
I would definitely build custom over the available factory options.

Get an action, chassis/stock & dbm that can utilize the CIP pattern .338lm mags, to give you a little extra mag rooms. I utilized a Defiance Deviant + JAE chassis for the base of my .300NM rifle.

Mausingfield is an excellent action, I have one for my PRS rifle and absolutely love it. I certainly can't fault that action pick.

Have fun and enjoy your build!

what does CIP mean?

In all fairness, that's a matter of preference.

I consider custom rifles a tailored suit while factory rifles are an off the rack suit.

However, much like suit tailors, not all custom rifle builders are equal, and it also requires the end user having a specific set of preferences and knowledge from the get go to have that well made custom suit possible.

And sometimes, a suit right off the rack feels perfect or close to it.
a whole lot of this.

Australian, but I do like the idea of a Team Canada build. Nearly put it in an ACC!

We seem to get ex-CA stuff for better prices then ex-USA stuff so it makes sense :)

Right on, its interesting to me that canadian made parts are cheaper when american made parts are more plentiful. I wonder if it has to do with trade tarrifs or something along those lines

Reactions: Hennig