• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please help with scope selection

TxShooter7oo

Private
Minuteman
I want to scope a Remington 700 bdl 30-06
Budget 500$
For hunting deer, hogs, and occasional other game
shooting out to ~500 but 90% under 200yd
Shooting hand loads
Prefer a variable power, not too busy

I don't know much about scopes, so I hope to learn from the knowledgable....

Last edited:
Read the Scope Selection Sticky several tomes and you'll find your answer. DO YOUR RESEARCH, then may need the start a Thread asking about appropriate ring height and best Brands for your needs. It isn't always easy, but the research is very enlightening on many levels.

BDL looks and works great with a Luepold VX3 or VXR. They both have options for an external elevation turret and the vxr has an illuminated center dot for the fast moving pigs. A VX6 would be great but about twice your budget.

I am really liking Vortex right now.

Good features list, good price, SUPERB warranty, good product.

BDL looks and works great with a Luepold VX3 or VXR. They both have options for an external elevation turret and the vxr has an illuminated center dot for the fast moving pigs. A VX6 would be great but about twice your budget.

THIS!
Charles

Yep this^^^ as I've heard several folks are using the firedot for hunting hogs and such.