• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors please help

gabriellapua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
wenatchee wa.
to make a long story short, i would like to buy a suppressor online. I can get them at the local shops where i live but the price is much better online, and i dont make allot of$ so i have to be "cheap". if i dont buy from the manufacture direct and purchase it through a retailer and have it shipped to my local gun store is there two tax stamps envolved? this qustion may seem dumb sorry. i just dont want to have to pay double on the stamp. and one of the guys at the local shops said that it was his understanding that if i purchase one from another retailer and have it tranferd that he would have to pay the 200 bucks and then that cost would go to me. is he pulling my leg? any info would be great. thanks-gabe

Re: please help

If you buy from local retailer you will only pay for the $200 tax stamp in most cases. If you order it from elsewhere and have it shipped to the local Class 3 FFL, you will most likely pay a transfer fee from the seller to the FFL and then the $200 tax stamp. The local Class 3 FFL will set his transfer fee at the amount he wants from $25 to $100 or more. If you save $100 on the can buying it online, you still spend the $100 on a transfer fee plus the Tax Stamp. Id check local FFL fees for transfer and see if the online price is still as good as you think it is. Remember shipping online as well and local sales tax if you buy it locally.

The big name for purchasing them at a great price is major malfunction. He sells at a very good price and for every category will list top performers and whats the best value. You will not have to pay another 200 for the additional transfer. You will have to wait 3-4 weeks for the additional transfer.

The online prices should not be that much better. I would talk to your local class III guy and see what he says. I always think that the relationship is worth a little more than just buying online. The class III guys around here dont charge any extra as far as transfer fees if you buy from them so that saves you $50 right there. Just my .02