• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please identify Parker Hale Model

sherlok

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2004
East Texas
www.oldhomes4sale.com
My highest praise for all service personnel past and present on this Memorial weekend - Thank You.

ParkerHale.jpg

Any Parker Hale experts out there? I cannot find any information on the web about model numbers for Parker Hales. There was a similar one on gun broker that was supposedly a model 82, but I'm doubtful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sherlok

Re: Please identify Parker Hale Model

From the picture, I can just make out the receiver front ring mount grooves - which makes this an M87, maybe even an M86.

Another thing though is if it is a sold bottom(M86) or magazine triggerguard(M87).

Looks as though someone has changed out the bolt handle for a more larger target rifle type.

You my friend have a very rare rifle on your hands - very few of those were ever released to the civilian market, before Parker Hale went out of business.

The largest customer for that rifle was the Canadian army, ala C3A1!

I should know - I was a weapons technician in the Canadian army for 14 years.

Great find - now all you need is an MST-100 and the Unertl mount, as well as the older M82/1200 TX walnut stock or a McMillan A2 in OD with grey marbeling. The ratio is about a 70/30% mix.

Also the barrel would need to be changed to an M82 style heavy barrel - no iron sights though.

Then you'll have yourself a C3A1 clone!

If you have any more questions - just ask away!

Cheers, Carl

Thank you very much for the information. You certainly have the credentials to be an expert on the subject.

It does have a magazine and a vertical slot in the trigger guard for it. So would that make it a M87?

Again thanks for your help.

Sherlok

You betcha!

That is a really cool find for you. Lotta guys up here in Canada would give their left nut for that rifle!

What were you looking to do with it - use it as is or build up a C3A1 clone - which would really rock if you did it!

If you need technical data, I have it all. I know that rifle inside and out - kinda like a USMC 2112 knows a M40A3.

All the best, Carl

Thanks Carl.

I really don't want to modify the rifle although I bought a Ken Farrell mount with the idea of someday mounting a scope. I would probably like to sell it (not for any parts of the anatomy, however) as I have too many projects going on right now.

If you know of someone interested, shoot me an email: [email protected]

Regards,
Sherlok

Do you know what the locktime is on the parker hale action (commercial mauser)?

Faster or slower than a military mauser? How does it compare to a remington? Does the difference in locktime matter at all in terms of accuracy for off-hand or prone?

(Awesome rifle by the way - it looks great)

Gee, Golly, and Wow! I would not care about the lock time or the barrel diameter. That is a beautiful rifle.

Nice find, Sherlok

Will be shooting TX1200 at Warcop ranges at the weekend (mate's gun not mine.... bugger!!) and with ball at 500yrds they're fenominal
Take a look at the Parker Hale section in the web site, it should have the explodeds for you....

http://www.normanclark.com/

Heres my Parker Hale M87 rifle in almost as new condition & a butchered original C3A1 scope mount .

DSC00538.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

Later Chris

parkerHalel81.jpg

This is a Parker Hale L81A1. It is a very capable single shot rifle. All rounds that were not flyers, were in 3/8 inch, with 2 in an 1/8 inch. This is the sighter target, so if you look at it, only the rounds in the paster count. The rest are shiters.
The gun in the picture on top of the post, is the same. Used by the Cadets for long range target work. The Canadians used a magazine fed variant of this.
Good rifle,but the stock is very fragile. Mine broke several times from just falling over, by accident. I would reccomend a McHale Stock.