• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please identify this Remington 700 trigger

SomeOtherGuy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2012
UP Michigan
I bought a used Remington 700P that came with this trigger installed. I don't know the year the rifle was made, but would guess between 2000 and 2012. The only marking I can find on the trigger is a stamped "01" on the left side, bottom left (which might mean made in 2001?). The seller thought this was an aftermarket trigger but wasn't sure. I am wondering if it may simply be the factory stock Remington trigger prior to the XMP, or maybe a 40-X trigger? It has a pretty good pull, but some grit, which is much worse if the rifle has been put on safety and taken off rather than just cocked and fired without the safety being put on.

If you can tell me what brand of trigger (including Remington OEM) I have, I'd greatly appreciate it.

It looks like an OEM Remington trigger. It is similar to the one I had on my Remington 700 Circa late 90's. Mine has a 4 on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 61
I need to add that if the bolt opens when it is on safe, it post dates 1980 something. I don't remember when the change occurred, but I cant work the bolt with the safety on, on my 74 gun

Thanks for all the replies. On closer look I can see the separate connector piece on the trigger, so I'm pretty sure that this is just the pre-06 Remington standard trigger.

Is it typical for these triggers to be gritty if put on safe and taken off, while having a better pull if never put on safe between cocking and firing?