• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please READ AGAIN !

vbadmin

DO NOT USE
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2013
DO NOT CONTACT THIS ACCOUNT
If you have not read the rules, or followed the instructions posted previously or are still looking for a personal invitation to do what is correct, please read this:

Attention All Sniper's Hide Members, Old and New, Sniper's Hide is going back Home !

After 2 + years on the Scout network, we are officially leaving to head back to our own servers with our own, some what original site. Unfortunately the plan to take precision rifle shooting mainstream by putting it alongside more traditional sports has failed and is coming to close. We returning to our independent roots.

www.snipershide.com and forum.snipershide.com

These are the two domains you need, they are currently active but will require tiny bit of effort on your part.

1. I recommend you clear your cache and browser history. Be sure to restart your browsers to access our site. We transferred it over on Friday so the Internet should have cycled everything through down to your local ISP so it registers the new site and does not redirect it back to the Scout Site.

2. Bookmark the new sites and do not use the old Scout address for Sniper's Hide.

3. If you have Premium Scout Account - Cancel it unless you plan to use Scout for the Sport Pages. We do not have any access to your account on Scout. It is up to the end user to cancel any and all accounts there moving forward.

4. Scout will stay active for a bit, but it will be shut down. Scout was sold to CBS so there is a transition period to help you access your old data.

5. Any old Data you want to keep, you have to transfer it manually. We are not volunteering any data. We copied and pasted some sticky data but it all must be done manually.

6. SUPER IMPORTANT - if you never had a Sniper's Hide account before the move to Scout, and signed up while we were at Scout, you have to REGISTER. We did not merge or transfer user data over because that would damage our existing membership accounts from before.

The Scout system is a proprietary system that does not play well with our Software. Therefore we have chosen to abandon the Scout data to preserve our original data.

The Original Sniper's Hide Website is right back where we left it. Most are logging in with their old information first try. All we did was shut the site off back in 2014. However a massive upgrade was completed just last month in preparation for this move. That upgrade did cause some minor errors, and be minor I mean we can easily fix them on an individual basis.

ADDRESSING ERRORS

1. Don't be a jerk about it, if you give me details I can address it on an individual basis. I have compete control of everything. So if you come off with an attitude because your post count is wrong, don't expect help.

2. Provide your USER NAME and What your Post Count should be, I am not hunting or guessing who you are, how you log in or what your stats are. Details matter

3. We have a Punch List Thread in the Bear Pit, you can post there and I will go down the line and address it.

WE HAVE A PRIORITY SYSTEM to fix errors ... we are well aware of what is missing, what needs to be changed. We definitely want to hear about individual problems but at the same time, you have to give us time. There is only 1 person working on this ME, and our mods will do what they can. But we need a short period of understanding.

Many of the errors are focused around the merging of user groups during the upgrade. We can go in and change anything and everything. Adjusting the group has fixed the problem.

Known Errors from a End User Standpoint

We know some iPads cannot post, you have to go into the iPad system and under Safari or your browser change the cookie handling to accept cookies from the site. Clear the cache too

Android Phones appear to have trouble clearing the cache so it will try to point you back to Scout

WE HAVE Tapatalk working ...

Tapatalk works and is the best fix for phones and iPads it's free and easy.

Premium Memberships - If you paid for a year we will honor it

We have no intent on burning anyone who paid Scout for a year membership. We will honor your commercial says account and online training account

The Online Training Premium Account is not 100% up and running yet. It will be in short order. If you paid for a 1 year subscription (not a monthly) we will credit you towards your new account on the Old Sniper's Hide. But I need to know who you are. And you need cancel that stuff with Scout --- NOT ME.

This is a process, a process that has to be dealt with in a logical order so we can make this as smooth as possible. Unlike before both sites will be active for some time. Once that time is finished, the old stuff will be gone. We have options to save our very best evergreen content and we really appreciate the support.

My goal, address everything as quickly and efficiently as possible. For that I need your help as I am only one person and the mods only have so much power. Your understanding is appreciated.

PS. Don't answer posts on the old site from 2014 that person is probably not following it anymore.

Thanks a ton and hope to see you at the New / Old Sniper's Hide ...

Reactions: abizdafuzz