• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please remove post

SWWI Shooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
For sale- Semi custom Stainless Tikka CTR in 6.5 CM. It's a bit over a year old and 657 round count (no hot loads). I put it in a chassis but have the original stock and bottom metal so am offering it two ways- with the factory stock and bottom metal or with MDT chassis.

- Barrel was shortened to 19 inches and fluted . Have used out to 1000 yards and works well. Solid 1/2 -5/8 moa accuracy with Hornady match ammo.
-Action and barrel are stainless and have been Cerakoted in graphite black.
-Yo Dave trigger spring and currently a 1.25+/- trigger pull (adjustable up).
-20 moa bedded pic scope rail with recoil lug.

Factory stock has-
- 2 QD sling cups on the left side
-A removable cheek riser
- bedded and screwed pic rail at the front of stock for pic rail mounted bipod
-both removable grip styles offered by Tikka
-1 ten round CTR magazine
Asking price with factory stock and bottom metal -$950. Will consider offers. Just PM me. Bipod not included.

Chassis has-
-MDT LSS-XL chassis in FDE CeraKote. (Accepts AICS metal mags)
-Magpul CTR stock
-3/4 inch Magpul cheek riser
-removable bag rider
-buffer tube
-Limb Saver butt pad
-Ergo Grip
Asking price with Chassis $1450. Will consider offers. Just PM me. Bipod not included.

May be willing to part this out so if you're interested in something, just ask.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I suppose I would sell the barreled action. I don't have the equipment to remove the action from the barrel.

The load I was using averaged 2804 with 140 grain Berger VLD with the 24 inch barrel. Cut to 19 inches the same load averaged 2712. I will say that those averages were shot on a different day and with a Caldwell chrono so I won't claim that those numbers are 100% the same as you would get with a more accurate chrono but will give you an idea. There are a couple guys out there that tested velocity vs. barrel length by cutting off the barrel an inch at a time. It appeared to me when I studied their results that for 140 grain bullets, above 19 inches, there wasn't a big velocity drop each time the barrel was shortened but under 19 inches it started falling off at a higher rate. I settled on 19 inches as a good compromise between compactness and muzzle velocity and have no regrets. In my option, the 24-26 inch barrels are great if a person wants to squeeze every FPS out of the rifle but for my uses (hunting out to 500 yards and target shooting out to 1000), the 19 inch is about perfect especially if you want to put a can on it and still keep it relatively compact.