• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PLRF05/terrapin accessories?

Mr Flannel

Self-Licking Icecream
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
Gents

Picked up a PLRF05 today. Excellent bit of kit. Looking for a couple of accessories for it and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction:

1. Adapter to fit NV Monocular. The 05 has a night mode (bonus) and there is an image in the instructions of a NV monocular mounted to the ocular lens, via an adapter. Anyone know of or seen any such adapter?

2. Tripod to picatinny adapter. The 05 has a threaded hole for a standard tripod plate. Am looking for an adapter to mount the 05 to a picatinny rail.

All advice welcome

Cheers

Re: PLRF05/terrapin accessories?

There is a NV adapter I've used on the PLRF 10/15, but I'm not 100% sure it's the same part for the 05. It's kind of pricy (of course), about $350 IIRC. I can order those from Ashbury, but I presume you can order it direct from Vectronix USA.

Note, one user in the NV forum is having an issue with the brightness blooming out the PVS-14. It may be an issue with that particular unit, but you might want to just handhold it and test it first.

For the Pic rail, you could always take a Larue LT-271 and just use a 1/4-20 screw on one mounting hole.

Re: PLRF05/terrapin accessories?

Thanks Cory - I'll test first and see how I get on. Not unexpected that a vectronix accessory is expensive...
wink.gif