• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PLRF10C,15C,25C - (Angle Range Compensation) ?

jrivera1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
New York City
Hi Everyone...

I have a question that I was hoping someone can answer if possible... I have been reading Applied Ballistics by Bryan Litz, and in his book there is a section on Uphill/Downhill shooting... He mentions that when shooting in these situation you will need to compensate for gravity differently when calculating bullet drop..

My Question: In the Vectronix PLRF brochure it shows that the unit measure range (slope/slant distance). Does this mean that when ranging on a considerable slope, the unit will compensates for the slope and I can take the range for face value, or will I still have to apply a calculation (ex: the improve rifleman's rule) to get the correct shoot to range....?

I tried searching for the answer, but I wasn't able to find anything on here...

Thank you in advance...

Re: PLRF10C,15C,25C - (Angle Range Compensation) ?

They give you the point to point range and the angle of the shot. Not the adjusted range from having both of those numbers.

no, the PLRF measure a direct range, then shows the angle and the bearing.
You have to use these inputs for your own calculation.

if you use the PLRF connected with a PDA and a software, FFS for example these inputs are automatically converted by the software in an elevation value to use with the turret scope.

Thank you Poison123 and davide for your quick reply...