• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pls Help with scope can’t

jarredsc

Jarred s
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Texas
Hi getting a new scope and rifle and heard Somone speak about getting your scope optically centered to get the best image by having enough can’t in your mounts and scope base to have the scope tube centered when zeroed.

can anyone with experience help out
Going to be getting a pm2 5-25x56
Sig sauer cross that has 20moa in the rail

Will I need mounts with another 20 moa to get the scope optically centered

Just get the correct height scope rings that will fit the optic and rifle, and be comfortable for your head, and don't worry about it.

The mounts I’m looking at are in 34 high o moa and 38mm high 20 moa do you reckon I should get the lower ones without can’t as the lower ones don’t come in 20 moa only the higher ones

Hi getting a new scope and rifle and heard Somone speak about getting your scope optically centered to get the best image by having enough can’t in your mounts and scope base to have the scope tube centered when zeroed.

can anyone with experience help out
Going to be getting a pm2 5-25x56
Sig sauer cross that has 20moa in the rail

Will I need mounts with another 20 moa to get the scope optically centered

no

If the rifle already has a rail with 20 MOA in it then you don't need a 20 MOA mount unless you really needed all the elevation in the scope.

I went with a Spuhr 4602 (20moa) mount on a 20moa impact action because I liked having the option to dial 1700 yards with my 6BR 😂

But I had no issues dialing 1300 yds with the 4002 mount and 20moa built in prior to upgrading. I think I had 13-15mils travel after zeroing at 100 yards.