• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PLXC 1-8 & Delta Stryker 1-10 Optical Comparison?

Marex

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2022
USA
I quite like the Primary Arms PLXC 1-8 lpvo but generally appreciate more crosshair- or center dot-centric reticles so the new Delta Stryker 1-10 has caught my eye.

Obvious differences aside, does anyone who has any time behind both have any input as to how the two compare with regards to eye box, 1x and 8x impressions and general optical quality?

Last edited:
ILya might hopefully chime in. He seems to like the PLxC a lot. I don't think he had much time with the Delta yet but he stated that the Delta is better at higher mag and the PA is better at low mag. I'm thinking of getting the 1-10x Delta.

Last edited:
Well I ended up picking up a Stryker 1-10 and have a few quick thoughts. So far, impressions are limited and based on limited to zeroing in a 100 yd range, close-quarters larping and ~300yd outdoor observations over the past couple of weeks. I'll need more time and better range of conditions to assess optical qualities but overall general impressions are favorable for the Stryker- as they have been for the PLXC. But for different applications.

The best way I can generalize them in comparison is that they are both very nice LPVOs with overlapping, but not duplicate, qualities. To me, the PLXC is a very good 1x optic. While I do not love the chevron as a precision aiming point, it's not completely out of place and the 1x and lower magnification application of this scope are very good. Especially considering it's size and weight and that it works just fine with or without illumination. It seems to shine as a "snap-shooting" optic that has capability to stretch the legs. Plenty of reviews are out there on this one that can provide more insight.

The Stryker is almost opposite. The 1x is serviceable, but it the reticle is more appreciated as you increase the magnification. Though the 1x does get a bit lost in varying dark environments, throw the illumination on and it is much more useable. The reticle is just too fine to consitently stand out clearly in a dark or mixed background without the illumination. The parallax adjustment does improve image clarity and the "CQB" setting is good down to about 5 yds. Inside that, it's a little bit blurry. No big deal at that range. As for actual effectiveness in reducing parallax, time is needed at varying distance to assess. The center crosshair and holds also come in nicely as mag is increased and seem to have much more useable potential for shooting at range. I do much prefer the crosshair to a chevron for precise shooting.

In short strokes, the PLXC is at very much at home on a 14.5" 5.56. It's a great optic that excels at lower mag ranges, is very servicieable at the higher magnifications, and doesn't add a lot of size or weight. The Stryker 1-10 works at 1x (much better with illumination) but is more adept as the magnification increases. The reticle seems to be very useable without too much unneccesary things going on and to me, is well-suited for more precise or extended range shooting. It's currently sitting on an SFAR .308 with a top mounted RMR. I believe this type of application is very applicable for those who do not need the extra range or want the extra size and/or weight of a higher magnification optic.