• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pmag 7.62x51 GenM3 question

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
I pikkd up a POF a while back. Was goin to shoot it today. I always start a new 308 on FGMM. These were 175gr. Would not fit in mag?? When I got home pulld out calipers and they measured 2.800” on the nose. Is it not odd that these mags can’t handle ammo loaded to Saami max oal?? Reckon I’ll hav to load for this and shorten ammo up till will feed reliably.

I have shot a decent number (scores, not hundreds+ as on the bolt gun) of 175 FGGM, M118LR, and the equivalent of both from BH through at least 3-4 Gen 3 PMAGs, both 5 and 20. No issues. It's visibly getting real long for the mag, but never even thinks about dragging, etc.

Ironically checked a few today as I have one load at 2.825 and it works. Barely. Didn't check them all but the three I did check were fine.