• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pmags in HK416

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
I've searched google and found some talk about it but nothing overly helpful.

Anyone know what mods you need to do for a magpul pmag to fit in a HK416?

Thanks

Re: Pmags in HK416

I believe there is a reference on the HKpro forum. Easiest thing to do is spring for the EMAG.

Well I just have so many and want to put them to some use. You have a link for that?

EMAG's are the way to go. If not, you just need to sand the PMAGS down a bit do they fit in the smaller magwell area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EMAG's are the way to go. If not, you just need to sand the PMAGS down a bit do they fit in the smaller magwell area. </div></div>

What part do you sand?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acespeedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't had a chance to try these yet, but I just ordered a set of three along with a 15 inch TRX rail. Might be worth a try.

http://troyind.com/%20/troy-weapon-upgrades/troy-battlemag-3-pack

I let you know how they work. </div></div>

Thanks bro, but the thing is I already have several Pmags and want to use what I have

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EMAG's are the way to go. If not, you just need to sand the PMAGS down a bit do they fit in the smaller magwell area. </div></div>

What part do you sand? </div></div>Probably the best "how-to" for you: http://www.fnforum.net/problems-with-pmags-and-how-to-fix-them-pmag-bolt-c-t25272.html

I'm assuming that the FN SCAR fix is the same as the 416 fix, judging by the fact that the EMAG is the solution in both cases. But it's possible I am wrong. I only have experience with the SCAR.

You need to mill/sand the very front of the mag. Its due to the straight pipe of the 416 magwell and the curve of the mag. The only way to DIY a fix is to carefully remove material on the outer front face of the mag the depth of the magwell, essentially straightening the mag to work with the non slanted profile.

I forgot to mention that you need to be very careful with this, it creates a very thin amount of material and can eventually lead to bullet tips poking through and leaving little trenches in the thin amount of plastic. This is why MAGPUL doesn't just mill them to fit in the 416.

Just enough to make it fit. Thats me being a smart ass. It is a pretty significant amount at the deepest part. I don't have tech specs on the exact depth though.