• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses PMI at Whittington Center

jfarr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
for those looking for LR courses/training in the rocky mountains or SW, consider Professional Marksmen, Inc (PMI). they conduct a large portion of the Precision Long Range (PLR) and Extreme Long Range (ELR) courses in the "backcountry" areas of NRA Whittington Center just south of Raton, NM. Precision LR format is typically 3 days with day of instruction and two days shooting in foothills, different engagement angles, distances, across canyons, etc. I took PLR I in Sept and really enjoyed it. Food and lodging included for less than other courses alone in Wyoming, Utah, and other states around Colorado where I live.

PLR and ELR courses setup in Phases I-III with a fourth Masters course in each. each one builds on the former. The terrain/environment you get to learn/shoot in is fantastic and you are shooting steel at ranges to the practical limits of your setup and in some cases beyond.

Head instructor is great to work with and I plan to attend many more of his courses down there. Whittington and PMI have appeared to teamed up in the "Whittington U" catalong of courses that varies from precision rifle to handgun to carbine to defensive shotgun, etc.

Check them out on line at PMI's website or at WHittington Center's website. Well worth the cost and it exceeded my expectations.

Re: PMI at Whittington Center

Thanks for the heads-up on this, John. After further research & an email or two back & forth with PMI, I signed up for the June 2013 'School of 1000 Yards' course yesterday. Took advantage of their Black Friday special rate offer...10% off good through Monday, as well.

Sounded like just what I was looking for and I'm excited to attend not only for the course but also for the chance to see & shoot at the Whittington Center.

Bailagent100

Re: PMI at Whittington Center

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailagent100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the heads-up on this, John. After further research & an email or two back & forth with PMI, I signed up for the June 2013 'School of 1000 Yards' course yesterday. Took advantage of their Black Friday special rate offer...10% off good through Monday, as well.

Sounded like just what I was looking for and I'm excited to attend not only for the course but also for the chance to see & shoot at the Whittington Center.

Bailagent100 </div></div>

Bail....
I too took advantage of the 10% discount and am taking PLR II in Sept 2013. Jon is a great guy and excellent instructor.
with the discount it works out to be $675 for three days (1 class, 2 shooting in PLR I) and possibly less classroom/more shooting time in PLR II, lodging, meals and great company. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal even without the discount. With it, hands down the best value out there. The environment of the shooting course in the Whittington Backcountry is phenomenal.