• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PMII5x25 grid vs zco5x27 mpct3

BOISCOID

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2018
Torn between the two for my new vudoo and it’ll get thrown on my xylo occasionally.

I really like the snbs pmii but haven't had the chance to try out their new grid reticle.

Same goes for both ZCO itself and their mpct 3s.

Who here has had time between both of them and provide some solid pros and cons in respect to a primary use on the 22lr.

Not opposed to buying used either, which i know drastically favors the snb

Last edited:
With 22LR, you never know.

Ummmm.......what??

Holding under is a personal preference. The only time it’s not, is if an MD specifies you dial a middle distance. There is nothing magical about .22. Same principle as centerfire.

For example, I almost never hold under. Over 100k rnds if .22lr and 25k rnds of centerfire in the last few years I can literally remember the times I’ve held under. Others do it all the time though.

Torn between the two for my new vudoo and it’ll get thrown on my xylo occasionally.

I really like the snbs pmii but haven't had the chance to try out their new grid reticle.

Same goes for both ZCO itself and their mpct 3s.

Who here has had time between both of them and provide some solid pros and cons in respect to a primary use on the 22lr.

Not opposed to buying used either, which i know drastically favors the snb

Guess we do not know how to spell. What the fuck is XYLO, SNBS, ZCO, MPCT. Go back to school. Learn English.

Last edited:
Guess we do not know how to spell. What the fuck is XYLO, SNBS, ZCO, MPCT. Go back to school.

How about you learn wtf you’re talking about and the rest of us that know all except the “snbs” are proper names for things will continue with the conversation?

Reactions: CBeck
I’ll preface that I typically dial for elevation, and hold for wind.

How often do you hold under?

Enough, to make me consider the grid. I really don’t enjoy dialing in general. Mainly because I’m flat out bad at trusting how I’m manipulating the the turrets on my razor. Furthermore, when the wind is significant I’m worse at holdovers when above the horizontal.
Certainly looking at this reticle as a crutch, but at some point we all gotta accept that’s a primary motivator for reticle innovation past the simple mil-dot / mil- hash crosshairs.

I realize that the turret feedback from both the S&B and Zco when dialing will be better than the razor, likely to where I can trust what my fingers and ears are telling me. With the zco reportedly being superior above all.

There’s other factors between the two such as parallax favoring the S&B and travel favoring the Zco. I also really like the concept of the “fatal funnel” addition to the mpct 3.

I’ll preface that I typically dial for elevation, and hold for wind.

Enough, to make me consider the grid. I really don’t enjoy dialing in general. Mainly because I’m flat out bad at trusting how I’m manipulating the the turrets on my razor. Furthermore, when the wind is significant I’m worse at holdovers when above the horizontal.
Certainly looking at this reticle as a crutch, but at some point we all gotta accept that’s a primary motivator for reticle innovation past the simple mil-dot / mil- hash crosshairs.

I realize that the turret feedback from both the S&B and Zco when dialing will be better than the razor, likely to where I can trust what my fingers and ears are telling me. With the zco reportedly being superior above all.

There’s other factors between the two such as parallax favoring the S&B and travel favoring the Zco. I also really like the concept of the “fatal funnel” addition to the mpct 3.

Holding under won’t be that possible with the mpct3, so there’s that to consider.

Also, unless you get something with MTC turrets, you won’t ever be using your fingers and ears to dial. Unless you want to take 5 min to dial and count. You won’t be dialing normal turrets by feel under time and pressure.

Reactions: BOISCOID
Also, not sure what you’re doing that you don’t trust dialing with your razor. You should be looking at the turrets and dialing to whatever you want. Nothing to trust there.

Parallax distance and large knob for it is why I have a PMII on my Vudoo now (previously had a razor). Just make sure to have MTC disabled or turrets without it.

ZCO image is better at the ends of travel if you’re going to try and wring a bunch of elevation out of it with lots of cant between the mount and rail, and it has more available. My feeling on the funnel is that it’s probably pretty useless for rimfire targets. Both my ZCOs are MPCT2.

Cant comment on hold under as half my scopes have H59 so I don’t really consider it. The ZCOs are excellent and better in some clear ways, but if you’re sticking to the 25-400y zone for .22LR and want to do indoor dry fire <25m, PMII is probably the better option for the 10m parallax.

Last edited:
After swapping a bunch of scopes for NRL22/X/PRS Rimfire, I no longer am as focused on the quality of the glass and more just focused on which reticle I like the most. I hold over almost 90% of the time in given the time constraints that dialing would just put you over in time. So I wanted a reticle that was easy to use for hold overs and dark/crisp enough to be used when I run at 12-14x which is where I like to be for fast target acquisition. Some people have very different capabilities, like running at 20-25x all the time, but for my current development, 14x is my sweet spot.

A lot of scopes reticles at 14x just don't resolve the little in-between hash marks as well. Trying to figure out which mil you are at on a holdover by walking the tree is also time consuming. So after juggling a lot of different reticles, I ended up going to the the EBR-7B reticle. Or I'd use like an EBR-2C.

That's purely from a reticle perspective. Now yes eyebox, finicky parallax, are also important, so there's a balance in all of those things.

Maybe as I get more advanced I'll get used to the traditional trees with the #'s out on the side and pick them up fast enough.