• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pod Claw Size Difference

Zebra644

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Ohio
I am looking to upgrade my Harris bipod from the standard feet to the phoenix tactical pod claws. I am running a Rem 700 308 LTR 20 inch on a AICS. Is there that much of a difference in size between the large claw and the small claw. Everytime I check out Triad hes out and I am only seeing the small pod claws on phoenix tactical's website as in stock. Should I wait for the large size to be in stock or get the smaller size?

Re: Pod Claw Size Difference

If you are shooting on sand, you might need the largest pods for some applications. Having said that, the small pods are still very large. I have yet to feel that on a 14 pound rifle, I am undersized with the smalls. I would also tell you that these are like packing can openers, you will completely tear the crap out of anything that they sit on and you need to know this. Think a 'cruzer trunk on Jurassic Park. Throw something under it, fine. Consider their pads as well. Notice that the rubber pads are huge...and they are small compared to the "small" claws.

This is a picture of the small pods on Harris on a Broughton barrel.

IMG_9910.jpg

Swap is one of two ways. You buy the whole lower and it is simply click off, click on. Or, you carry a tool and do it manually. I do it manually.

pads.jpg

more.jpg

Hope that helps.

Re: Pod Claw Size Difference

Thank you for taking the time to take pictures and posting them. I guess it would have been helpfull to give you my A/O. I have everything from asphalt and concrete including a shopping mall, to soccermom neighborhoods to rural county with horses, cattle ect. No sandy areas that I can think of and snow during the winter. Those small pods appear to rather good size and thanks for the heads up on on the can opener action of the claws on a trunk. I am trying to keep my Dear Chief letters to a minimum lol.