• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Podcast on DOPE card for hunting and matches

Shawn1492

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Colorado
Hey Frank,
Could you explain how you go about making a dope card for an area you havnt been to previously. Example I live and practice at 7500 ft and inHg is 22.8 on average. But matches are typical down around 5k feet and 24 inHg.
Shawn

Here are the data cards Frank has talked about a couple time. Dope Cards (fillable Pdfs and google sheets)
The Density Altitude data card is the one you are looking for. You can set the grey area for you home range and then have other DAs to work with. Getting the data for a different DA (or elevation) comes straight from your trued ballistic program.

As an example, I took Frank's class in Ft Morgan Colorado at 4,500 feet. We trued our drops and trued our data programs. We made sure to record the elevation, temperature, pressure and humidity when we shot, then made sure that was in the program when we trued it up. Now I can change the elevation in my program to my home range at 1000 feet and the program changes the drop data accordingly. We shot out to 1000+yds at 4500 feet elevation and My program has been perfect at 1000 feet elevation out to the same 1000+yds.

Le-me-know if you have any questions.