• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF .308 20" Whats a good deal?

Briggs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Mansfield, TX
I found an individual that has one of these for sale. Its the older model without the forward assist. Seems to be pretty motivated to sell. What is a fair price on that assuming gun is in good condition(haven't seen it)?.

I can find newer ones for sale but not the older models. I'm guessing the price isn't much different?

Re: POF .308 20" Whats a good deal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a good deal? This one right here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=210021795

You won't find a cheaper price on a Like-New POF P-308.
</div></div>

That is a good deal, is that one you just found at random or do you know whose rifle it is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a good deal? This one right here:

</div></div>

That is a good deal, is that one you just found at random or do you know whose rifle it is? </div></div>

I dont think this one is a very good deal. I am not a POF expert but I know there are a few versions out there and this appears to be a few back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a good deal? This one right here:

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">That is a good deal, is that one you just found at random or do you know whose rifle it is? </span></div></div>

I have <span style="font-style: italic">no idea</span> who that rifle belongs to. I just happened to find it on Gun Broker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I dont think this one is a very good deal. I am not a POF expert but I know there are a few versions out there and this appears to be a few back. </span></div></div>

After looking a little closer and reading the description, I agree with you. That particular rifle doesn't have the forward assist, KNS anti-walk pins, or the roller cam. Thanks for catching my mistake and pointing that out.

Briggs, if I were you, I'd get the one that is NEW and for $2350 from AVGunshop. You can't beat that price for a new one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208820941

the forward assist is the biggest sign of the generation. for awhile when POF first started doing the NP3, it was the only model that had the KNS pins, then finally they just started putting them on everything....the roller cam has only been out for a year, little over a year now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertfox01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the forward assist is the biggest sign of the generation. for awhile when POF first started doing the NP3, it was the only model that had the KNS pins, then finally they just started putting them on everything....the roller cam has only been out for a year, little over a year now. </div></div>

Thanks

I've been looking at POF rifles for awhile now but I had no idea there were previous generations etc.

If they don't have KNS pis they have usually have a mils spec style trigger (some had Geiselle SSA's), then some had Timneys then they started coming with POF's own trigger.

KillShot is right, AV Guns is one of biggest retailers for POF and can do some of the best pricing. Felex is good to go on POF stuff fo sho!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertfox01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the biggest difference is forward assist or no forward assist. kns pins can always be added. </div></div>A big difference for me is the Rhino Lining or truck bed coating on the hand guards. I'm glad POF doesn't do that anymore.

Check and make sure is has the newer style gas system. The new ones you can just turn. Some of the older models at least on the 556 ones you have to take it apart to switch between suppressed and normal. I don't like the full length hand guards. I like the style that has a place for your hand without rails. I believe the new style has rails that don't run the full length.
If you want to get a new one give me a call. I can get you one at cost or really close to it.

-Z

Are you talking about the guy on texas gun trader that has one for sale. Hes seems a little shady to me. Will not give me a phone number or meet for a FTF transfer.

Bought a P308 20" from Felix at AV Guns a month ago for $2350. Transferred it at Cabelas. Smooth deal and the gun was factory new with a current serial number. I would recommend Felix and AV Guns if you go new.

Just noticed the new upper/handguard on the P308 on the POF web site. This is brand new. Not sure I like it. Thoughts?

CWylie, Same here, I inquired about that gun on TGT and he asked for a scanned copy of my DL. Not going to happen.......I think it was a scam.