• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF .308 Range Report

Reverend762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
Texas, CS
Hello all,
Well I took out my new POF .308 to the range this morning for the first time. I put 10rds of cheap ammo through it, and one box of Sierra Matchking BTHP 168 grain ammunition through it. After 100yrd zero and a few messing around shots here is what I got.

First photo is 100yd 5 round shot group.

Second photo is 200yd 3 round shot group.(I only had 3 rounds left to shoot at the 200yd line so this is what I ended up with).

Over all I am extremely impressed with this new rife and new Heritage scope. It took next to nothing to zero the rifle and get two decent shot groups. I’m really looking forward to some more range time with this sucker.
Thanks

firstrangeday.jpg

riflepic.jpg

range100.jpg

range200.jpg

Re: POF .308 Range Report

My 16" POF is about the same. You'll tighten that up a little as you get familiar with it and find the right load. I am perfectly content, they are a great shooting rifle

You bastage! You went to the range without me! Oh hell I wont hold it against ya, since I'm off on vacation. We'll get those groups a little tighter at 100 with a little bit better rear bag.

Rev do you have a 2 Stage trigger in that thing?

Nice job, I am taking my POF .308 out this weekend for the first time!

"dhutch"

Ya man, looking forward to doing some shooting with ya.

Yep it came with a 2 stage geissele trigger.( I thought it was coming with a TITS single stage POF trigger, but got a nice surprise when I broke the gun down after I opened the box).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rev762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"dhutch"

Ya man, looking forward to doing some shooting with ya.

Yep it came with a 2 stage geissele trigger.( I thought it was coming with a TITS single stage POF trigger, but got a nice surprise when I broke the gun down after I opened the box).
</div></div>

Fantastic. That's a good trigger! I've shot an OBR with the same trigger at 100 and shot a sub 3/4in 5 shot group. We'll get that bad boy under an inch at 100.

Ya, I wanted to kick myself out at the range for not bringing more than 1 box of ammunition.

Tsk Tsk.....trigger time will help you get better with that 2 Stage.

Here's mine and shoots about the same as yours with the Ultramax 168gr. However, HSM 175 gr. was tighter for me than even FGGM 168gr. I think mine likes the heavier round.

POF308.jpg

Jamie

I have been trying to decide on a new rifle.I looking at the pof-308-20-mrr 308 spr or the precision ar-10 gap? Any suggestion?

I just got a POF, cant wait to get out and shoot it. When I was at POF picking it up I was looking at some groups shot by some of the employees with POF .308's. I want to say one guy had a 17 round group that was about the size of a quarter. These things shoot great.

POF is a great company. Im jealous I still need to find time to get out and shoot mine.

Congrats

I'm just jealous you got yours-Carrie must hve folded the corner of the wrong slip......

POF's are good stuff and they have some great people over there. I will have one one of these days!

Maybe she folded the right corner, I guess it depends on which side of the POF your on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, here is mine. No new optics yet. Awaiting the NF...
IMG_4348.jpg
</div></div>

Yours has the older style muzzle brake, those are loud! Have fun!!!