• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF 308

heitmann45

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2010
CA
I'm looking to buy a new 308 AR with a 16 inch barrel. It will be used for work so it has to be accurate and reliable. After looking at several, I've narrowed my choice between the POF and OBR.

The only thing that is making me nervous about the POF is the fact that I have seen several reports where the opening of the buffer tube is being beat up pretty bad from the BCG. There are large gouges/chunks missing from around the 4 o'clock and 7 o'clock areas. I've seen it on two different rifles. POF claims that it's normal wear and occurs after several hundred rounds (or faster if shooting suppressed). However, with POF only offering a 3 years warranty, it doesn't make me feel really comfortable. Has anyone had this problem?

I like how the OBR is lighter and I haven't heard any real problems with it. The lifetime warranty is a nice touch too. However, when I had a T&E POF I was pretty impressed.

Re: POF 308

Thanks for the reply. I know about carrier tilt but I heard the POF changed the design of their buffer tube to prevent this, i guess it was just a rumor. As far as DI vs. Piston, I'm not 100% one way or the other. More than likely going to stick with DI and go with the OBR or the "new" GAP/POF.

I own 6 POF's and I have had no issues what so ever! I run them hard, clean them rarely and shoot them in multiple shooting sports and have great results.

As well as Frank is a great guy and I have never seen him treat anyone bad!!

I recommend them and buy with confidence!!

OBR all the way. As far as the piston thing goes, don't fix it if it's not broken.

Thats just my opinion, I'm not trying to start a DI vs. Piston argument.

They are still very tempting, thanks for the info.