• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF and Lack of QC

Fate0n3

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
KY
I want to start this with saying I have owned a few POF over the years all have run flawless and fitment was good. However on 8/6/2021 i picked up a POF Revolution DI 308 gun, got it home to spend some time with it and this def seems to be a Friday right before quitting time rifle. Rifle right out of the box has 1ea screw that has a visible fracture/crack in it and another one that has a facture/crack line but doesn't look to be completely cracked like other side. Second big issue is the gas block is quite not centered in the handguard. Also out of the box one of the handguard screws that clamps the handguard to the barrel nut was completely loose . After speaking with the gunshop I purchased from they advised I at least shoot the firearm to verify function before I contact if there is other issues. I shot 5 rounds of Federal M80 and already have anodization chipping on the shell deflector. I mean 5 rounds damaged the finish already on a firearm of this things cost.

I spent several days trying to call someone and Tech and Customer support lines go to voicemail and you don't ever get a call back. I finally called sales after a few days, they got me to someone who gave very little to no help and said go on the website and setup an RMA. Fine go and do that to find out they want the owner to pay shipping to them for there lack of QC. The rifle wasn't a few days old and right out of the box had several QC issues that are concerning. I am in shock honestly I had heard stories of POF and QC lacking but experiencing it now first hand I am regretting this purchase quite a bit. Wanted to pass the word to save anyone else the headache or do a better than I did inspection before signing paperwork.

Attachments

• bNtyw98 - Imgur.jpg
    bNtyw98 - Imgur.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 281
  • zGrRZeo - Imgur.jpg
    zGrRZeo - Imgur.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 291
  • oEhQrX8 - Imgur.jpg
    oEhQrX8 - Imgur.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 287
  • wTgIj2o - Imgur.jpg
    wTgIj2o - Imgur.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 316
  • z9gTwj6 - Imgur.jpg
    z9gTwj6 - Imgur.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 297
  • ezJ8GHt - Imgur.jpg
    ezJ8GHt - Imgur.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 285
  • sXau2lO - Imgur.jpg
    sXau2lO - Imgur.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 290
Lmao! I hope you get that thing fixed.
Do not know about pof but I guess the order pool growing exponentally reduces the manufacturing quality as they try catch up.

Having customer to pay for it to be returned on DOA situation is bad business.

if you don't want that sharp gucci billet edge of the brass deflector to get dinged, then you need to get one of those gucci amazon rubber or velcro pads that sticks onto the brass deflector.

that sharp edge is just begging to get dinged by brass, that's normal. the rounded forged version is probably more forgiving, but will still show brass impact. I think the aluminum on a forging is denser than billet and this is definitely billet. but that sharp edge of your deflector, that won't survive without showing wear from dings, unless you don't shoot it, just look at it how beautiful it is.

looks like it got nicked by the sharp edge of the case mouth.

You can't escape the deflector getting hit with brass like that it will happen on all guns if properly gassed...

As far as the screws...that really sucks...however if you call up POF they will send you replacement screws...

With any rifle platform regardless who makes it...I go around and re-torque/loctite every single screw...

I would hang my head in shame if my brass deflector was not dinged and streaked with brass 😞 I doubt POF makes their own screws, they just buy them in bulk. So the bolts probably came that way, and whoever makes those, makes them by the 1000's per shift. Easy defect to be overlooked at a sweat shop. That would be something I would chuckle about on the way to the hardware store when I replace those torx with hex key "button head cap screws".

The hand guard/gas block issue is kind of interesting. I don't think the gas block is what's out of alignment here. I would look at the alignment of the hand guard. Take it off, make sure it is not bent or twisted, clean of burrs both inside the hand guard where it mounts to the barrel nut and make sure the barrel nut is clean of burrs. Make sure those clamping bolts are equally torqued when putting it back on. If it is still out of alignment, then either the hand guard or barrel nut was not machined square. Can be corrected by shim or replacing the suspect component; or just leave it as is if you're not mounting a sighting device to the hand guard.

Reactions: Ravenworks
So does the gun function well?
Gas block situation happens,is it loose?
Screws, get new ones and move on.
I know is disappointing to have stuff happen,but there's no way in hell I'd send my firearm back.
Take and field strip the firearm and give it a close look.
Identify what the problems are, if simple fix it.

Brass deflector, buy a roll if duct tape and cover it or sell it because people pay for that battle worn look.

I use a small piece of Velcro on my brass deflector's if they start to show brass dings.

I have never associated POF with quality. The very first POF I ever shot, about 10 years ago, had an issue with the chamber.

Hopefully they will get it right when you send it back.

Reactions: Jsp556
I have never associated POF with quality. The very first POF I ever shot, about 10 years ago, had an issue with the chamber.

Hopefully they will get it right when you send it back.
Yeah but those OG ones were accurate AF. Lowlight spoke highly of his pretty sure he said it was the most accurate semi 308 he had used.

I have a couple 556 and 762 early ones. They shoot lights out. The only chamber issues are from the nitriding process and or tight chambers

Looks like someone pulled the QD mounts, you can see the witness marks from the screw having been tightened down once before.
Image 8-21-21 at 4.54 PM.jpeg

You have to do that to pull the hand guard as they set in to that heat sink and it will not come off with out them removed. That could also be binding the hand guard off to one side, the QD mount binding against the heat sink barrel nut. Maybe that's why the other hand guard nut was loose?

Possibly? someone between the factory and you pulled the hand guard, and didn't properly reassemble it??

Unless the Factory missed that.

Yeah but those OG ones were accurate AF. Lowlight spoke highly of his pretty sure he said it was the most accurate semi 308 he had used.

I have a couple 556 and 762 early ones. They shoot lights out. The only chamber issues are from the nitriding process and or tight chambers
Same here, I have 2 early POF's a 415 and a P308 both shoot lights out and never had a single iuue with either one.

Reactions: deersniper
Looks like someone pulled the QD mounts, you can see the witness marks from the screw having been tightened down once before.
View attachment 7688885

You have to do that to pull the hand guard as they set in to that heat sink and it will not come off with out them removed. That could also be binding the hand guard off to one side, the QD mount binding against the heat sink barrel nut. Maybe that's why the other hand guard nut was loose?

Possibly? someone between the factory and you pulled the hand guard, and didn't properly reassemble it??

Unless the Factory missed that.
maybe some counter guy at the LGS pulled off the HG to eyeball the heat sink, then got distracted when a customer walked in, forgot what he was doing? over-torqued the screws till cracked, while he was at it. put it all back in the box.

I would be curious as to what accurate or "lights out" means?

Group sizes?
Sub .6” for 5 shots. Some groups in the .3s With my terrible self behind it. Factory ammo.

had my p308 on steel back a year or 2 after I got it. Took 1 round to get on the steel cause wind then 4 into 2.6” and the 5th opened it up to 4.1”. At 550 yards out the window of a pickup.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
So, how does it shoot? Maybe guns aren't your thing...

• Haha
Reactions: rpoL98