• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF or LWRC REPR?

Re: POF or LWRC REPR?

Tried to send you a PM but your over your limit
laugh.gif

Hawktech Arms
(208) 898-5848
2006 E Franklin Rd
Meridian, ID 83642

He used to be an Internet only business selling 10-22 stuff and recently opened his shop to the public . Dan owns the place and is a really good guy . Tell him I sent you
wink.gif

Not sure whose upper they use but Dan will either know or can find out .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rarely shoot in Houston gentlemen....I mainly shoot at sheriffs range in Austin tx or in la grange. If I shoot in Houston it's at impact zone.

I'm not some total basses and didn't say I was. Anyone with the right gear can hit a target at long distance with some formal training. I can't knock the ass off of a khat at a 1000 but I can at least hit a target....that's not being arrogant. I bet every one of you who shoots out that far are all hand loading their own rounds....have custom dope calculators....even PDA applications to set up their scope dope. Am I mistaken? Or do y'all just go out there and hope for the best?

I would suggest taking some basic and advanced rifle courses taught by magpul, XE, or 360 tactical here in Houston. Training makes us all better...yes...especially me. </div></div>

What Sheriffs range in the Austin area that has a 1k yard range? All the LEO ranges that I know of in TX is very short.

Something tells me the closest this guy gets to a SWAT vehicle is with a pressure washer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something tells me the closest this guy gets to a SWAT vehicle is with a pressure washer.

</div></div>

Well, I'm off to get a cup of coffee...............to replace the one I just laughed out my nose!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A playing card and 1.5moa-3.5moa are two WILDLY different concepts at 1000m....quit backpedaling and admit you stepped on your dick.

Your reference to those "in the know" and your target size, and my knowledge of LE folks leads me to assess you are a wannabe cop, or a cop that is a wannabe rifleman.

Next you'll be referring to the medulla oblongata as "the apricot" or do you already do that........at the gun store?</div></div>

Medulla oblongata? Isn't that a sports car or something?.... I wanna see the ass knocked of the khat myself!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, that "thicker" is the depth of the treatment's effect in the steel. Treated barrels can be cut to bore and land size dimensionally correct, while chrome-lined bores start oversize and the chroming takes up space. Final size and consistency is on the chromer, not the barrel maker.....but I'm with ya!

kwak-if two gunstore employees say its so, its gotta be so
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Learning stuff every day!

One thing that puzzles me is on POFs website it says this "(“5R” polygonal)" Looking at mine I dont see poly contouring only rifling. Anyone care to elaborate on this? </div></div>

Its been a while since I brushed up on the subject but if memory serves me correct.

5R reffers to the rifling of the barrel. 5 lands and grooves are used instead of 6 as most barrels of similar caliber. 5 is used for even distribution of force around the round as it travels down the barrel. Where there is a land on one side of the barrel there is a groove on the other.

Polygonal is the actual edge of the rifling that is cut into the barrel. Polygonal has angled edges as opposed to perpendicular.

5R is a cut that one of the edges of the lands is not squared, reducing drag.
Polygonal is where the bullet is forced into the "corners" of say and octagon, instead of into the grooves of rifling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, that "thicker" is the depth of the treatment's effect in the steel. Treated barrels can be cut to bore and land size dimensionally correct, while chrome-lined bores start oversize and the chroming takes up space. Final size and consistency is on the chromer, not the barrel maker.....but I'm with ya!

kwak-if two gunstore employees say its so, its gotta be so
laugh.gif

</div></div>add in the fact 2 ways to chrome the barrel -1]oversize and plate to spec 2]normal size- wash with agent which to open bore up ,plate to spec -this way looks like frosted gray ...and its cheaper!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned a POF, and I currently own a REPR.

In my opinion the REPR hands down.

The POF is kinda like a Dodge truck. It's functional, it works.....but the fit and finish is like a plastic dashboard.

The REPR is like a Mercedes in comparison.

I found it to be more accurate as well.</div></div>

Comparing a POF to a Dodge, only to compare the LWRC to a Mercedes? That's rich! </div></div>
Considering Mercedes owns Dodge/Chrysler last I heard.
As REPR VS POF, I've been doing a lot of research(no personal experience with either) and I've settled on the REPR.