• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF P308 16.5 vs 20 inch barrel

IslandTime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2012
The Island
For those of you with a P308 what barrel length do you recommend and why? Are you happy with your original choice or would you change it?

Re: POF P308 16.5 vs 20 inch barrel

Islandtime
I have a 20" POF P308 and love it. Im just getting into longer range shooting and it seems to be the set up for me. Im not clearing houses with it and IF I am I have some serious problems, as the P415 16" or 870 would have failed. So all said the 20" works for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you with a P308 what barrel length do you recommend and why? Are you happy with your original choice or would you change it? </div></div>

Personally for me I think the 20 inch is the better option. I can get ~ 2550fps with a 175gr SMK with 43.4grs of Varget with my P308. This can just barely get you out to 1k yards and stay supersonic. If you go shorter you are going to be limited to 800 yards. That is my 2 cents at least...

Tack did you keep the factory trigger or change out and if you changed out what did you use?

Thanks again.

Rommel,

Tack did you keep the factory trigger or change out and if you changed out what did you use?

Thanks again.

I actually have the Geissele SSA installed with KNS anti roll pins. Love the trigger. I have a Timney in my POF 415 and love that trigger also. I wanted the Geissele SSA because my friend had it in his AR-10 and I liked the break for the more precise and lower round count style shooting that I plan on doing with my P308.