• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF P308 Accuracy

trisurvivor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
MN,USA
Ok, so here is the update from the range. Right now, I am smiling from ear to ear. The accuracy far exceeds my expectations. It is the first gun that on 6 different test loads, 3 could have been single whole groups. It was shot at 85deg and 65% humidity. AR Comp was marginal, varget was pushing on pressure and benchmark shot awesome with 168/175 nosler cc's. I used to be one of the guys that said a gas gun could not beat a bolt gun, but am completely proven wrong with this gun. While shooting it the first time today, it severely magnified technique problems. The whole strong grip deal was critical. If I limp wristed it, it would whip that one. It was awesome being able to call your shots. Smallest group was 0.38 from C to C. Largest was 0.75 c-c on 5 shot groups. 2 of the groups did have a flyer that was me. All were shot at 80yds.

55470-400x400.jpg

Special thanks to a lot of you our there.
Frankie Ice(POF Upper)
Killshot(MB info)
Jakhamer81(March GB for Geissele)
POF for a fantastic product and never compromising

Re: POF P308 Accuracy

From what I have read its not the one gun that shoots its the other 5 that dont. POF just has gotten to a point of some work and some dont in everyones mind. I had one that worked and had two buddies that had guns that didnt.

Re: POF P308 Accuracy

I had a lot of problems with my POF jamming, FTE, FTF, etc...etc. After more than 1.5 years of sending it back multiple times, testing, wasting ammo and time, changing out buffer springs and using different weight buffers, using different magazines, etc...etc...I finally got it working...at least for now

My friend has one that worked without problems from the beginning, suppressed or not, clean or dirty.

If you do a search on Hogan rifles vs. POF lawsuit, you will start to understand why quality control has been an issue with POF. They basically have been using multiple different machine shops to make their rifles. Get a good batch, great. If you don't, well see above.