• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF P415

Sackett

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2011
Utah
I have been wanting an AR style rifle since the day i sold my last one. I have a good lead on a p415 18' bbl. the price is about $550 less than new but i really do not want an 18' bbl 223. anyone know how easy a bbl swap would be and/or would cutting this one down be an option since its a piston rife? the rifle is basically brand new but at a killer price. i would like to get it into the 14.5" range. this or an LWRC has been my dream for a while now and i dont want to pass up the deal, but probably will if i cannot shorten the bbl.
thanks!

Re: POF P415

i havent shot that one but i just picked up a new pof p308 with the 16.5" barrel and shot it these weekend out to 500 yards. i was very happy with the accuracy [i am usually a precision bolt action "gap" rifle shooter]. i dont know about the lwrc [never shot it] but this shoots as well as my barret 6.8spc, very accurate out to 500 yds and functioning was perfect. not sure about barrel swap, probably better to call pof and ask them, i say go for it...

since the barrels are heat treated.....cutting it can be done.....but.....you would be better off finding a 16" or buying the 18" and trading the upper for a 16"

changing the barrel is not really an option right now with the POF uppers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertfox01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">since the barrels are heat treated.....cutting it can be done.....but...... </div></div>

Then there's the fluting....

Other than looking a little goofy longer, I think the 18" is the best 223 setup POF sold.

i put money down on a new 14.5" POF 223.
Thanks for the input guys