• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Revolution

KM375

SSG
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
VA.
Anyone seen one of these? POF Revolution, .308 in a standard AR15 package? Looks like it comes in a full pound lighter than some of the other .308 AR platforms and over a half pound lighter than a SCAR

https://pof-usa.com/wp-content/uploa...volution-2.pdf
CALIBER 7.62 NATO
BARREL 16.5″
RAIL LENGTH (1:10) 14.5″ M-LOK MRR
WEIGHT 7.3lbs
LENGTH 34″(collapsed)

DPMS RFLR-G2REC
Caliber 308/7.62
Weight (lbs) 8.5lbs
Length 38
Barrel "16" 416 Stainless
Upper Receiver Forged 7075 T6 A3 Flattop
Twist 1x10

FN SCAR-17 SPECS
  • CALIBER: 7.62x51mm
  • OPERATION: Short-stroke gas piston
  • MAG CAPACITY: 10 or 20 Rd.
  • WEIGHT: 8.0 lb.
  • BARREL LENGTH: 16.25"
  • TWIST RATE: 1:12 RH

Last edited:
Looks good. I wonder what recoil and accuracy will be like?

Last edited:
Looks really neat.
But I'm not sure I'd risk being an early adopter for 2700$ though.

Around that price point I'd personally opt for the SCAR 17s if you're looking for a lightweight 'battle rifle' style firearm.

Was keeping an eye out for a DPMS G2 until I read about these a couple days ago. Will be nice to have a second line of small frame 308 ARs and maybe stimulate other mfgs. Street price should be much better but the G2 Recons can be had for just over $1k.

Looks like these are shipping, anyone have one in hand yet?

Just get a JP LRP-07 lightweight in a .308 nothing comes close to it.

I handled and looked at it in detail at SHOT with Frank, the owner/designer. It uses the same AR15 upper receiver as another product line of his, as well as the same bolt carrier.

The barrel extension is the same diameter as a standard 5.56 NATO AR15 extension, and the bolt is about the same size, looked to be the same size, with the face enlarged for .308 Win. One of the teeth in the extension is removed, while the extractor on the bolt is much larger/wider, with a fat spine/flag on it for reinforcement.

Most of the testing videos I saw were with Wolf steel cased .308 Winchester, which is underpowered, so my main question is, what will the gun do when you shoot real 7.62x51 or .308 Winchester ammo in it in volume? It's a great concept, and he had several videos showing full auto mag dump after mag dump, but I would like to see what happens with real 7.62x51 as I said.

He said that only 9 parts are different than a 5.56 rifle, including the magazine. The lower, barrel, bolt, barrel extension, and I think the firing pin are different. He moved the FCG parts and pin locations back about .6" in the lower, while keeping the lower the same length as an AR15.

It really is mostly an AR15 receiver set chambered in 7.62 NATO, with a lower than takes 7.62 NATO mags.

Is this rifle configurable? Can I change th barrel and bolt to any creedmore? Looking to see if there's any user feedback

Just get a JP LRP-07 lightweight in a .308 nothing comes close to it.

I built a gun using the same JP drive train a few months back. 6.7 lbs empty and sub moa. You're right nothing compares. The only thing the POF could have on it is a price advantage. Its about 800 bux cheaper.

Now this is what I would consider a true game-changer they took the AR15 concept to the next level.

For now I'll still stick with using my Grendel or 6mm FatRat for large game and long range shooting, but I would say this concept has true potential.

I took the plunge also but would love to "creedmore" as well.

So. We have just about every .308 battle rifle made right now and just got the pot revolution. Here's is My thoughts. Mag release is a disaster. If you have big hands you will be pressing on the ambi bolt release as well. The ambi bolt release doesn't work that well with the larger spring of the .308. there is a sharp point for design I guess on the mag well and you have will hit it. The upper and lower don't fit together all that tightly. Lots of rattle. Compared at a larue for example where they are perfect. It is light. And recoil is a bit snappy but not bad at all. Not as good as a larue preditar. But it works. And it's sub moa accurate. Cheek to stock weld is a disaster due to the raised rail so low mounting rings are critical.
I think it will hold pressure OK but time will tell.