• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Revolution

LeadLauncher

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2013
So I am getting POF revolution piston .308. From looking at reviews it looks like this thing is kinda picky about ammo. I'm guessing this is due to the piston system's interaction with the barrel from a harmonics standpoint, but just a guess. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else owns this rifle and what they have been feeding it. I was thinking of breaking it in with sierra 175s and 168s, (manual says to break it in with bullets 168 or heavier, I have them on hand, and reviews have been successful with them) and then maybe switch to Hornady 155 BTHPs, or maybe even a 135 monolithic. Wanted to see what experience others had. Also wondering about feedback on the Hornady 155s, as I've never shot those before. Thanks.

Just saw your 'older' post - so FWIW - After cleaning and then breaking in with fmj ball ammo, cleaning every 3-5 rounds for first 20-25 while zeroing, mine shot 2 - 3" at 100 with LC ball, and MOA with FGMM 168 and as good as 3/4 with Hornady Black 168 Amax. Haven't run 175's or others. Did run some Colt (Barnaul) 168 steel case to rough zero of a thermal and it was about 1 1/2 - 2". No issues with extraction etc.

Have not shot the Hornady 155’s but have shot the SST 150’s out of a revolution.

They were more consistent then the ball 150’s and hit higher in tighter groups. For example from 200 to 500 yards they consistently hit in the same area as the 175 loads I shoot, firing them back to back on the same day firing at the same target minutes apart. Where as the balls hit lower and left with alot more spread. I was able to consistently hit a 3” round plate that sits around 300. I cant do that with ball ammo.
image.jpg
C354ECCC-D035-4D30-8808-5A279EF4E91B.png

Have heard from the range officer that taught me how to shoot out to 1 k the Lapua 155 scenars are extremely good, he also mentioned the 110&120 grains being very good at shorter distance(sub 300 and high velocities but personally have not done it.

I want to try the 155’s too, just haven’t as I am not wasting any more SST on steel plates or paper.

I always hear good things about 168’s but have yet to try as I believe the 175 class stuff has the edge at long range, so tried them first.

Please let us know how it shoots and how accurate it is. Been looking at the Revolution or Rogue myself. Would love a lightweight 308