• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Rogue gas length mistake...

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
Figured I'd post as a PSA so nobody possibly makes the same mistake I just did

Had watched the info on the Rogue rifle and it seems like a great starter for a dedicated night rifle. So my first question was can I suppress it?...

I waited until I saw them start coming in stock and still hadn't seen much info on supressor use with the rifle. So I called POF and asked. I was informed that the dictator gas block should and it will work fine.

So I jump online and order myself a Rogue. Get shipping confirmation, and then I just online and order a dictator gas block.

Now here is where I may have made my mistake....

When I go to buy the dictator there is a single 308 mid length gas option.
Then pistol, carbine, mid, and rifle options in 5.56
So in my simple brain I'm thinking ok I have a 308 & it's mid length so that what I need to order.

Get all parts in hand.

Drill factory gas block set screws (because they did a very good job staking them) and realize that the gas tube I have is over a 1/4" too long. Bolt will not be able to close if I install this.

So I shoot a message over to POF hoping they can tell me what I need to get in order to make this thing fit.

After taking a lunch break it hits me... This thing most likely use the 5.56 mid length option vs the 308 mid length option... They both come with the same size gas block so I would assume the only difference must be in a possible 1/4" length difference

So I just ordered a 5.56 mid length option as well...

I'll update if I get an answer from POF or when the 5.56 version gets here.

But hopefully this will help keep someone else from making my mistake

I wish it was longer especially since I plan to run a can I'm guessing longer would be better, but I'm not a firearms engineer I'm just more of a nut behind the bolt type...

Did get a message back from POF already verifying what I was thinking is correct

They plan to put a disclaimer on the website to help anyone else ordering a gas block for this 308... Because if you need a gas block for your 308 rogue, then you need a 5.56 gas block....

In the terms of the Revolution and Rogue you have to think like an AR15...because essentially...it is...except using a .308 in there.