• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF ROGUE wont extract?

jeepnsammys

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2011
As it says i have a pof rogue that fails to extract the spent case from the chamber therefore slamming the next round into the stuck case hard enough to push the bullet back in the case till its compressing the powder. I have figured out that after about 5 or 6 rounds of this it then begins to function like it has something to do with the barrel heating up it starts to extract and function but at this point its time to let it cool down. I am running a suppressor (harvester) and im shooting PPU 150 grain soft points also tried some other 150 grain ballistic tips samething they would not extract till 5 or 6 rounds and barrel warmed up then they would extract? Anyone have a rogue with similar problems? or figured out the issue id like to hear about it....

H3 buffer and adjustable gas block made mine less unreliable. But it was never perfect suppressed.

Even with a bare muzzle. Anything pmc bronze or hotter had issues.

This was the ticket for my rifle that had extraction issues, though an ar15 frame. Perhaps you can find a large frame equivalent...

I think that you have an out of spec chamber. It’s either too short or undersized. If the chamber is in spec, the e2 flutes cut in the neck will allow for easy to extraction of pretty much anything. I’d get a set of go, no-go chamber gages and see if they show a problem. If the go gage won’t fit or gets stuck, then they need to replace your barrel or recut the chamber. But I’d insist on a new barrel.

tried many brands and different grain bullets i always get stuck case for the first few rounds then it starts extracting im at 100 rounds down the tube at this point still happens

I know I’m a noob here, but I get paid to troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems. Far more complex than a simple AR type firearm. I’m very good at that. So please go back and read my post and do what I suggested. Prove me wrong.

I know I’m a noob here, but I get paid to troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems. Far more complex than a simple AR type firearm. I’m very good at that. So please go back and read my post and do what I suggested. Prove me wrong.
While your diagnoses is correct, pof claims "tight tolerances" and a 500rd "break in". That was the game they played with me. Replaced the barrel no questions asked, test fired with wolf. It failed to extract as soon as I got it back. They're terribly over gassed for anything besides wolf. It's a great concept, just very poorly done. I spent 6 months getting it to be somewhat reliable and sent it on its way.

About 500 rounds of 1980s m80 ball through my rogue and had only 3 fail to ejects. About 100 rounds of core lokt through it and no issues. I do run my rogue suppress with the dictator gas block, 5 clicks open from fully closed position. Love this pistol.

Attachments

• LVP02370.jpg
    LVP02370.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Strangedays
I own a rogue in 12.5"

When new the chamber was so tight I had to use both hands hard as I could to extract a spent or new round.
Many times had to tap out with cleaning rod.

I like to be able to check the weapon while chamberd by slightly pulling bolt back and visually of physicaly checking for now partially chaimberd round and rechamber.
I purchased a high grit (less abrasive) hone and honed the chamber staying out of the throat until it was how I like it. Took around 3 tries. 1st was around 30sec second was around a 1min. And last was between 1-2min. Will vary depending on speed and techniques. I used low speed on a cordless drill.

I checked with 308win match head space gage and all was good there.

I was still having some extraction issues. After inspection of spent brass could see the extractor wasn't quite seeting on the rim. There was not enough room for the rim to properly enter the extractor. I took off a very small amount of material off the extractor being careful to keep edge cut so it would grab well.

Problems solved.
Has been shot 1-2k rounds since then with zero failures.

All ammo used in this rifle have been name brand match rounds for those of you wandering.

MOB.