• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF roller cam pins

Blackhawk95

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
Mississippi
Has anybody used the POF roller cam pins in a DI ar? if so, could you tell if it ran any smoother or not. there only $25 a piece and was thinking if it would help any.

Re: POF roller cam pins

I have one in my LMT...honestly I cant tell one way or the other. FWIW My MWS has never jamed due to the rifle, so maybe its in part due to the roller cam?

I've got them in a couple. I like them.
Can't feel any difference, but it's cheaper than sending a deburred cam to Robar for NP3'ing.

If you are putting them on DI guns you need the upgrade kit with the modified gas key.

All my di guns well right now and i saw that part on POF site and thought it looked like a good idea.

IMO, the LWRC pin is a better choice because you don't have to change out the Gas Key.
89.jpg

http://www.lwrci.com/p-89-advanced-cam-pin.aspx

I've been running one for a while and I feel that for $10 it is a good investment.

I'm just curious, the POF web site doesn't mention the need to change the gas key.
I was going to order one, but would never had known there was additional changes needed.
The installation instructions don't mention this either.

Did you lean of this the hard way?

I'm glad a couple of you guys mentioned it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why? Piston guns unlock a lot more violently than a DI gun, so it may be worthwhile, but not needed in a DI gun. </div></div>

LOL because I had a store credit on some returned items at Rainer Arms and it was there...otherwise I got nothing for you in terms of a justification. Like I said I cant tell if it works or not but I havent had any issues either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
RCPA223-UK.jpg

Look carefully...
You will notice a notch cut out of the Gas Key. </div></div>

Dr. Phil,
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Where was that kit located on the site?</span>
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I feel kinda silly that I didn't see it.</span>
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I looked in the parts section and I swear it wasn't there., just the roller cam pin in a package similar to your pic.</span>

Oh I found it, in the .223 parts section. I was looking at the .308 section and this stuff wasn't there. My fault. I was looking to buy this for a DI .308.
Does this mean a .308 AR doesn't need it?

thanks

I didnt even notice you had to change the gas key. I was just looking at the roller pin.

I did get to wondering how it was going to fit since you cant turn it 90 degrees like a regular AR.

You don't need to change the gas key with the 308. It will clear. Only the .223 or similar. Had to change key on .50 beowulf because it uses a ar-15 carrier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't need to change the gas key with the 308. It will clear. Only the .223 or similar. Had to change key on .50 beowulf because it uses a ar-15 carrier. </div></div>Thank god , i'm sitting here with the roller cam pin package reading all the above posts then read yours about no need to change the gas key on an ar10 .