• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF-USA & Pakistani Ordnance Factory

JaneDoe

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2007
Ashland, VA
Discussing this at work today: Can anyone confirm that POF-USA is part of Pakistani Ordnance Factory?

I remember seeing advertisements for the Pakistani company making HK clones a few years ago and I think they changed into "Patriot Ordnance Factory" and then POF-USA. However, POF-USA's website says "100% Made, Owned and Operated in the USA." Does anyone know if they are related other than the similar name?

Re: POF-USA & Pakistani Ordnance Factory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POF-USA's website says "100% Made, Owned and Operated in the USA."</div></div>

Reading is FunforDemental ...................
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP, are you serious??? Did you not look at the POF-USA website FIRST!?!??! wow </div></div>

It's not an unreasonable question...poorly worded, but not unreasonable. I can see where it's murky.

Patriot Ordnance Factory (POF) did sell MP5/G3 parts manufactured on old HK tooling by Pakistan Ordnance Factory (POF). I was always uncertain what connection Patriot (POF) had with Pakistan (POF). A reasonable person would believe that if there were not connection, you might not want to have POF selling POF parts if POF and POF are not the same thing.

Eventually, Patriot started making their 416 style clone billet lowers......and then the piston stuff. I'm not sure when they dumped the HK parts stuff, but it was very much a part of their business years ago.....when their webpage looked more like THIS

I never lost much sleep over it, because frankly, I don't give a shit. I don't care much for their AR's or their old business model of selling Pakistani crap.

POF used to be pakistani ordnance, I bought lots of HK parts from them, when the HK parts kits dried up they change the definition of POF and went on to the AR and piston biz. It was a good company then and it still a good one.