• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: POF

those lasers can be used for both, one is an IR flood light and the other is an IR pointer. The pointer may have the possiblity to be a visible laser with the filter removed. That can looks like it has seen some crazy use. Kinda looks like the mid pipe on my bike. Sweet stick

Yep the laser is a AN/PEQ-2. It is IR only and can bee seen through NVG like the PVS-14 (which I also have) to lase and strike targets in low light. It also has an IR illuminator which works as a flash light in the Ir spectrum.

The can is an AAC M4-2000 and yes it has had some abuse. I have repainted it several times with KG bake on teflon infused 2400 mil spec but colors that have yellow hues in them do not fair well with heat. So it gets black after several hundred rounds. At this point, I just let it change color rather than repaint.

But i love this gun, The gas piston system rocks and the configuration works for me

I have a POF 223, and I am looking to get a supressor. Why did you choose the AAC?
Great looking system. Nice pics too..Thanks!

I chose the AAC because they are just up the road from me. If I had any issues, getting it fixed would not be a long drawn out mail it and wait process. Also I know the owner, and lastly, I got a great deal on it. It had all the features I wanted, OD and MilSpec, not to mention its built really well and does a great job of reducing the flash and sound. I would recommend them to anyone looking for cans.

On the smaller thumbnail, I thought you had a "rare" lighter colored coyote ATPIAL. Nice job, it looks like a factory finish, hope my paint or dye job comes out as good as yours.

Did you mount the laser on the side off axis due to lack of space on the top or is it your preferred position?

For my use, thought the side position would expose the laser to too much potential damage. I see a lot of guys mounting the laser like you, still trying to decide where best to mount mine. Thanks for posting the pics.