• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors POI Shift on AAC TiRant

ocherp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Just wondering if you guys that run the can on more than one host weapon, do you notice a signififcant shift in POI from one host to another? It's currently on my G21SF and will shortly be used on my USP Tactical. Thanks.

Re: POI Shift on AAC TiRant

I haven't tried with the suppressor on it, just wondering if it does affect it switching from one host weapon to another.

Yeah, my POI shift is different from HK Tactical to G21. But my barrels are different thread so I have to use different pistons.

I hope everyone knows that these cans are adjustable for POI. But considering that you have to disassemble and clean them fairly often if you shoot wet, you have to re-adjust.

As colt stated, the Ti-RANT has the ability to adjust the POI. Once you find where you want the POI, mark it. Do the same for each host. When you clean the piston or disassemble the can, then you lose your references. Shift will change due to where the can indexes and how it shoulders from host to host.

how much POI shift do you guys notice? I mean it's a handgun are you shooting groups at 50yds with it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much POI shift do you guys notice? I mean it's a handgun are you shooting groups at 50yds with it? </div></div>

At 15 yards, the POI shift on my HK tactical is 3-4 inches. That's a lot.

I have not shot this combo at 50 yards yet as I just got the HK a week or two ago.