• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Point me to the All Knowing One

Re: Point me to the All Knowing One

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WileyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">silencertalk.com </div></div>

+1

Excellent resource and manufacturers get involved in the discussions as well.

Most C3 dealers don't really have a clue about silencers in my experience.

Most of the manufacturers are here too, it just depends on what you want to know.

Most people have "a" manufacturer in mind prior, they just need a dealer to do the transfer.

There is enough suppressor discussion on here to make an informed decision on who is worth spending your money on, the question becomes how much and who will do the transfer.

You guys must have shitty Class 3 guys, because here they carry a lot and know them pretty darn well. Some will even go out with you to shoot them side by side or let you shoot them in their shops.

It's really all about your SOT. They are either informed or not. I am lucky in that mine does it out of a small shop and he will bring you your approved items and even come out and let you get some quality time. Invite them to the range, pay their way in and they will usually let you have time with your item while it's pending.

If you get a bad SOT, the experience can be horrible. I have dealt with some real clowns before and promise I wont ever do it again. I research everyone I buy from now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of the manufacturers are here too, it just depends on what you want to know.

Most people have "a" manufacturer in mind prior, they just need a dealer to do the transfer.

There is enough suppressor discussion on here to make an informed decision on who is worth spending your money on, the question becomes how much and who will do the transfer.

You guys must have shitty Class 3 guys, because here they carry a lot and know them pretty darn well. Some will even go out with you to shoot them side by side or let you shoot them in their shops. </div></div>

Local to me I have a pawn shop, Jet, and Shooter's Depot. The pawn shop has a decent reputation. I have no experience with Jet, but have heard horror stories. I have lots of experience with Shooter's Depot, however. If the place burned to the ground with the owner inside, the world would be a better place.

I have learned the hard way NOT to just trust your local dealer. As with many other things, Google is your friend. Spend a few hours researching and pick apart the good info from the bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of the manufacturers are here too, it just depends on what you want to know.

You guys must have shitty Class 3 guys, because here they carry a lot and know them pretty darn well. Some will even go out with you to shoot them side by side or let you shoot them in their shops. </div></div>

Local to me I have a pawn shop, Jet, and Shooter's Depot. The pawn shop has a decent reputation. I have no experience with Jet, but have heard horror stories. I have lots of experience with Shooter's Depot, however. If the place burned to the ground with the owner inside, the world would be a better place.

I have learned the hard way NOT to just trust your local dealer. As with many other things, Google is your friend. Spend a few hours researching and pick apart the good info from the bad. </div></div>

When I was hunting for my first 30cal can I ran across Jet Suppressors. Whatever reputation they did have is long gone. I was told by a hand full of people to run the opposite direction from them.

I am he I have learned great great patience and care little about monetary expenditure. Learn these traits and you will be on your way to enlightenment! Good luck on you journey. PG