• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

point me to the right scope and mount.

dreamlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
North Dakota, USA
I am looking for a new scope for my Magnum Research magnumlite .22lr.
My main problem here is that I need a base or rings with 20 moa, but the gun already has the raised weaver style rail. Anyone know anything that would work with this gun without raising the scope too high?

Second the scope. My criteria is something with variable power 3-9 or close to that, a reticle with hold over points whether it be mil-dot, moa lines, or something similar, I would also prefer to have exposed turret knobs that can be adjusted by finger. Price range <$500.

The leupold scope I have on know is out of adjustment and it is sighted in at 50 yards
frown.gif

On a side note anyone know of a way to mount a bipod on the barracuda thumbhole stock? I am starting to think I should have gone with different stock or different gun altogether. I probably could have put a better 10/22 setup together myself for the $700 from what I have been reading in this forum.

Re: point me to the right scope and mount.

Take a look at the Burris Signture rings. You can get inserts to build in up to 20 moa, and they will fit on your weaver rail. My favorite scope for this purpose is the Nikon Buckmaster 6X18 mil dot side focus at $299. Regards

Yes, those burris rings look like an inexpensive fix. thanks

I have recently discovered W.O.Tac rifle scopes. It looks like it fits my needs perfectly, and at $295 seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these scopes. Do they track well and are they reliable.
thanks

This is a great place to research what works/or not. Scott a Liberty Optics also knows optics. Regards

If you consider buying a rimfire scope you can get in a 2-7x32 objective lens you can get away with low weaver style rings for about $20.00. I shoot frequently passed 200 yds at skeet traps and I really have not found a need for mil dots. This scope can give you the elevation to 200 yds. If you insist on a 3-9x40 I recommend a bushnell 3200 with burris signature rings which have the shims necessary to correct the scope alignment. I really recommend the sightrons S1 or SII series or Big sky. The Big Sky which I own have 80 moa of elevation. The bushnell banner has I believe 100 moa. Just try the low rings which should be ok for a scope with a 40mm objective lens. From a 50 yd zero to 200 yds you will need 20 to 26 moa of elevation, depending on ammo. But if you really want to alleviate all kinds of headaches get a nikon monarch 2.5-10X40 with BDC reticle. I have it mounted on my savage MKII sporter 22lr. I just use the lower reticles and use minimal elevation adjustment. It is really sweet. The circles cover the skeet traps perfectly.

+1 on the Burris Signature Zee rings. They do a great job gripping the scope without the possibility of marring it, and
come in multiple (4?) heights.

For the scope, take a look at Falcon Optics. Matched mil or MOA reticles/adjustments, good glass, and a good price. I couldn't be happier with my 4-14 FFP.

I agree, the Falcon I have the 4.4-18x56 mil/mil and is a superb scope, Robert at RWSnyder is a great guy and always willing to help and sells at a good price.
Cheers from Australia,
Jeff Gray

I had these same questions not too long ago. If you run some searches, you will find what you are looking for and more.