• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Points?

I was going to suggest cleaning them up with sandpaper, but maybe that doesn't apply here.

1516799069410.png

Just 7 books and you can get a pair of Tacticool Sunglasses!

1516799146328.png

Cheers,

Sirhr

Our parents were still collecting them up here into the late 1980's...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Same here. I remember the books and stamps. I never used them but i remember watching my mother fill the book. I am sure my brother who is 3 years younger has no memory of them though.

I'm 55 and I remember that 25 cent gas and the green stamps from there and Winn Dixie.
Used to help my mom fill the books and then go to the center and trade them for stuff like toasters, hair curling sets, coffee pots and whatnot.

Reactions: Tucker301
I think that there are more of us geezers here on SH than anyone would like to admit.

I could be off but I guess the average age here is late 40's early 50's (49-52). I am mid 40's and I fell young around here most the time.

I was a pump jockey, used to hand out all sorts of glasses, towels, stamps. Yep gals got their side of the windshield a lot cleaner.

Reactions: 308pirate