• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poisoned Russian double agent+daughter in London

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
This is probably a repost since its somewhat old news.. :
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ba0ed2371cc_story.html?utm_term=.537378ebef0c

Anyhow, I was wondering; why the use of a nerve agent? I'd reckon cause it wouldn't leave the radioactive trail that their previous assassination methods did... but its still such a unlikely method/difficult substance to obtain hence not providing any plausible deniability worth a damn... on top of obviously not being as lethal as one would assume they hoped..

Am I answering my own question? They wanted to send a strong message while avoiding the stronger backlash and consequences which would come with another Russia-sanctioned hit in Britain..??

When they killed Litvenenko with polonium 210 they used that specifically so they'd know Russia did it. Radioactive materials can be traced to the reactor that made it. There was absolutely no guessing.

But it's expected that the assassin also died because of how poisonous P210 is. When it was all going on, they had to decontaminate the restaurant, the bus and the airplane the assassin rode on. Based on the residue left, he got a lethal dose. So they tried to get him to turn himself in. P210 is a horrible way to die.

Nerve gas would be a lot safer to carry and depending on the type (I don't recall specifics) it can be carried binary so it's literally mixed on the target (this is exactly how that pudgy fuck in Dingdongyang killed his brother).

Nerve gas I don't think can be traced to the exact mfg., but it's pretty obvious Joe Blow didn't kill the guy, that it was a state player, just not exactly which one. The blowback for Litvenenko was pretty big. I bet they didn't count on radioactive forensics to be so well applied.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Stryker there's another one in the news that's in the hospital right now that may have been exactly what you describe. He's a member of the Pussy Riot activists and I think he was once married to one of the original members of the group. His girlfriend (also a member) was thrown into jail and served a short sentence and he went to the courthouse to pick her up on her release date. That evening he started having neurologic symptoms and they took him to the ER. Currently he is blind and unable to speak. They moved him from Russia to a hospital in Germany. The German doctors say it may be impossible to identify the actual agent used because the Russian doctors flushed everything out and did dialysis on him (which was indicated). The last thing I saw though was they expected him to make a full recovery (!?)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/world/europe/pussy-riot-activist-poisoning.html

Last edited:
If you've been to CBR school you know which ones to be afraid of, and which ones are overblown. Radiation scares me the least. Geiger counters work and there are acceptable levels of radiation. I for one will take the detectable pathogen all day long next to the one where if you're not already at MOP III when the blister pops positive you have 30 seconds to live.
Nerve agent and biologics are the worst WMD mankind has devised, not nukes. Human bug-spray and lethal viruses terrify me far more than fissile munitions.

Nerve agent and biologics are the worst WMD mankind has devised, not nukes. Human bug-spray and lethal viruses terrify me far more than fissile munitions.

I totally agree

This is how mankind will likely fuck themselves. It won’t be nukes

Reactions: Strykervet
Fig/2AF: Yes, that is a perfect description!

The Russians seem to have this never ending "need" for everybody to know it was them that did it.
vs. We much prefer to have things done a bit more invisibly.

If somebody ever actually decides to let loose a virus based solution that is novel enough & very well engineered, you best hope your immune system has had enough practice in real world applications to give you a chance & also get some serious distance going. The government won't be able to save you & by the time the medical industry has something to help, most will probably be long gone.

Reactions: Strykervet
I don't know about that. Tangos blowing up in the middle of the street from a laser guided rocket fired from a loitering drone seems kind of overt to me... I doubt in Westfuckistan they're scratching their heads all that hard to figure out what happened to Mohamed. We telegraph our assassinations (because that's exactly what they are) too. We just spend a couple of million per pop rather than Putin spending $50K to take out his enemies.

Didn't Carter sign some law preventing us from carrying out state sanctioned assassinations because of the success of "Phoenix Program" during Viet Nam, and the failure of "The Cuba Project" before it? Am I remembering that correctly? Is that still in place? Was it repealed? Is it just ignored with all the drone strikes?

Stryker there's another one in the news that's in the hospital right now that may have been exactly what you describe. He's a member of the Pussy Riot activists and I think he was once married to one of the original members of the group. His girlfriend (also a member) was thrown into jail and served a short sentence and he went to the courthouse to pick her up on her release date. That evening he started having neurologic symptoms and they took him to the ER. Currently he is blind and unable to speak. They moved him from Russia to a hospital in Germany. The German doctors say it may be impossible to identify the actual agent used because the Russian doctors flushed everything out and did dialysis on him (which was indicated). The last thing I saw though was they expected him to make a full recovery (!?)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/world/europe/pussy-riot-activist-poisoning.html

Wonder what nasty shit they gave him. Or how they administered it.

I don't know about that. Tangos blowing up in the middle of the street from a laser guided rocket fired from a loitering drone seems kind of overt to me... I doubt in Westfuckistan they're scratching their heads all that hard to figure out what happened to Mohamed. We telegraph our assassinations (because that's exactly what they are) too. We just spend a couple of million per pop rather than Putin spending $50K to take out his enemies.

Didn't Carter sign some law preventing us from carrying out state sanctioned assassinations because of the success of "Phoenix Program" during Viet Nam, and the failure of "The Cuba Project" before it? Am I remembering that correctly? Is that still in place? Was it repealed? Is it just ignored with all the drone strikes?

"The Executive Order was created and signed by Gerald Ford after the Church Committee and Pike Committee had divulged secrets about the U.S. Intelligence Community in the 1970s, particularly regarding the Central Intelligence Agency's assassination operations. The committees had been investigating the CIA's activity and EO 11905 was signed in an attempt to ban assassination and reform the intelligence community.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11905

Reactions: Fig
"The Executive Order was created and signed by Gerald Ford after the Church Committee and Pike Committee had divulged secrets about the U.S. Intelligence Community in the 1970s, particularly regarding the Central Intelligence Agency's assassination operations. The committees had been investigating the CIA's activity and EO 11905 was signed in an attempt to ban assassination and reform the intelligence community.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11905
Any clue which specific assassinations it was in response to? I reckon the Castro attempts + Phoenix ?? Just curious if theres some from back then I don't know about(that are otherwise declassified/leaked)..

Assassinations were just part of it. Government abuses power. That’s it’s nature. The more secret the faster and the more egregious the abuse becomes.

Bush got his patriot act, and the next administration used it to spy on DJTs campaign, and launch investigations in the service of their soft coup. How’s that for fast.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
In the case of some of these GWOT abuses, like the meta data collection and spying on American citizens, they were doing it illegally before our fucktard congress made it legal! Or, in other words they, were abusing the law before there was even a law allowing them to abuse it. That no one is ever prosecuted or goes to jail unless there is a political motive ought to tell you all you need to know. It's rotten to it's core.

Really, the reality is that while @ArmyJerry throws out a lot of one-liners and statements that seem extreme and apocalyptic when you examine the evidence and the truth of how corrupt the Deep State and our intelligence organs are, he may be the only woke brother here. Figure we know about 1/100 of their corruption and abuse, and they really do look like a full fledged domestic enemy trying to destroy our Constitution and our way of life... Just sayin'.