• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Polaris Ranger gun rack options

HOOFER

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2007
lewistown, MT, Colorado
Have recently added a 4 door ranger to my inventory. Have always been a 4 wheeler guy.
Sure is nice being surrounded by glass and a heater. šŸ˜‚

Anyway. It has some roof rack gun mount. That would hold a ā€œtraditionalā€ type rifle with a 3-9 scope and thatā€™s about it.

I have the KOPLIN XL gun boot quick setup on my quad. And thatā€™s holds a larger style precision rifle. I.e. McMillan/manners A5 type stock with large scope.

The down fall is bipod must be removed. And it takes some time to get it out obviously.

Looking for what others have had experience with. And or made for theirs. With pics hopefully of these sorts of rifles in them.

Looking for something secure, inside the vehicle. That will hold a larger style precision rifle or two. And allows for quick release and to bail out and shoot coyotes and such.

The things that are on our minds at 3 am

Thanks
Josh

Attachments

• DFDC0AB4-4608-4F6C-A55D-913FB9EF3A54.png
    DFDC0AB4-4608-4F6C-A55D-913FB9EF3A54.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 407
  • 70EE3EFB-5720-44C8-B872-11F446095421.png
    70EE3EFB-5720-44C8-B872-11F446095421.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 534
  • F3221B69-9FD3-44B8-9AC8-846AAC9D6566.png
    F3221B69-9FD3-44B8-9AC8-846AAC9D6566.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,908
  • 9A1C4AD2-71C7-4A7B-A271-6A2CA26E970A.png
    9A1C4AD2-71C7-4A7B-A271-6A2CA26E970A.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 306
  • DDF0E6D0-3040-48E9-92A1-A732924B0724.png
    DDF0E6D0-3040-48E9-92A1-A732924B0724.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 621
We always find it easier to just put our rifles in a hard rifle case and lay it in the back. The various bed, over the head and vertical mounts always failed in some manner.

I just bought the Koplin hard boot and mounted it in the bed right behind the rear glass. I looked at the police type racks that have the rifle standing up but sometimes I go through water that gets a few inches deep on the floor. And sometime I have a passenger on the middle seat. When I had the crew model I just had a padded soft case that I laid on the back seat.

Nothing seems to be prefect.

Reactions: HOOFER
If it were me, I would just throw it in a hard case on the back seat, with a single latch closed.

If it were me, I would just throw it in a hard case on the back seat, with a single latch closed.
Yeah thatā€™s what I been doing. Leaving my drag bag opened in the back.

Itā€™s never a problem for the passenger. Just for the driver šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Yeah thatā€™s what I been doing. Leaving my drag bag opened in the back.

Itā€™s never a problem for the passenger. Just for the driver šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
For targets of opportunity, and given that the rifle is a fairly compact affair, I really like @diggler1833's advice. Patrol carry can be very secure, and the rifle is immediately accessible...

Reactions: diggler1833
For targets of opportunity, and given that the rifle is a fairly compact affair, I really like @diggler1833's advice. Patrol carry can be very secure, and the rifle is immediately accessible...
Yeah I can run my ARs or my 16.5 bolt guns like that.

My primary coyote rig is a little more cumbersome.

Maybe just Have a ranger gun lol.

Then have my stand/calling gun cases.

These have been the best gun racks I have seen. They are quiet and fast to remove the rifle. They go from the floor board to the upper ROPEs bar which makes them more sturdy than the rugged gear racks.
The only problem is the are expensive, not for the poors.

a62f14_f7e4b7805db344a19567a0d1f9308314~mv2.webp

Well I went back and looked at the pictures of the interior of your ranger. You have a bunch of bullshit in the way. I don't think the gun rack I recommended will work.

Yeah I can run my ARs or my 16.5 bolt guns like that.

My primary coyote rig is a little more cumbersome.

Maybe just Have a ranger gun lol.

Then have my stand/calling gun cases.
Like one needs a reason to build a new rifle...

"No, honey, you don't understand. I NEED this rifle, and though I've never said this about anything before, my current rifle is too big." :oops::ROFLMAO:

Well I went back and looked at the pictures of the interior of your ranger. You have a bunch of bullshit in the way. I don't think the gun rack I recommended will work.

Yeah idk. Itā€™s a 17.

My dad has a 21 and it is literally night and day different

Keep an eye out for gun racks from law enforcement vehicles. They can be had for a decent price on evilbayā˜ŗļø
Some even have electronic locks which would well for your rapid deployment scenario.

Kind Regards,

- Jon
This. Check your local auction houses as well. I picked up an auction lot of surplus Setina brand mounts at a local auction company for $60 a few months back. I got like 6 shotgun mounts, and 2 AR mounts (which was all I really wanted). Iā€™m gonna install a mount for a carbine in my truck behind the back seat, and eventually mount the other on a UTV when I finally get around to making the purchase.
Hook them up to an accessory toggle switch on your Ranger, and you have electronic push button rifle access.

This. Check your local auction houses as well. I picked up an auction lot of surplus Setina brand mounts at a local auction company for $60 a few months back. I got like 6 shotgun mounts, and 2 AR mounts (which was all I really wanted). Iā€™m gonna install a mount for a carbine in my truck behind the back seat, and eventually mount the other on a UTV when I finally get around to making the purchase.
Hook them up to an accessory toggle switch on your Ranger, and you have electronic push button rifle access.

Great idea

I too just bought a Ranger 1000. I fashioned a gunrack, using a 2-inch wide steel strap, about 1/4 inch thick, which I bolted to the overhead seatbelt bolts on each side of the rear window. The Kolpin adjustable mounts bolted to that strap are also 2 inches wide, so they will slide along that strap to any width needed. The strap is high enough so that the rifle is not really visible from outside.

I too just bought a Ranger 1000. I fashioned a gunrack, using a 2-inch wide steel strap, about 1/4 inch thick, which I bolted to the overhead seatbelt bolts on each side of the rear window. The Kolpin adjustable mounts bolted to that strap are also 2 inches wide, so they will slide along that strap to any width needed. The strap is high enough so that the rifle is not really visible from outside.
Pics by chance?

Try that link. Good ideas if you have the skill set to make your own.
Yeah I thought about that. I have a bender and welder and everything. Just didnā€™t wanna get too far down the hole on it

I was thinking some 6-8ā€ pvc pipe cut in half. With carpet in it. Going over top the seats. Or something lol.

I also donā€™t want it too mad max looking

Yeah I thought about that. I have a bender and welder and everything. Just didnā€™t wanna get too far down the hole on it

I was thinking some 6-8ā€ pvc pipe cut in half. With carpet in it. Going over top the seats. Or something lol.

I also donā€™t want it too mad max looking
Mad Max would put the rifle on a pintle mount, which is an idea...

I gotta buddy with a .30 on a pintle on his Ford rangerā€¦ he gets some looks..
My Texas Freinds run hog saddle type setups on the hoods of their Jeepā€™s. That rotate. And are super slick for night hunting.

Obviously they donā€™t need the windshield. Like I do. In the snow