• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Police: Singer Amy Winehouse dies at age 27

Re: Police: Singer Amy Winehouse dies at age 27

Wow, "is dead" was my first thought when I saw the partial headline on my phone... didn't not see that coming.

amy_winehouse.jpg

What a loss to the music world -a pain in the ass she was but wow that girl could sing .Amy a true true talent above the mass of crap out their will be a loss to all those with good music taste

Crap..... I really liked her work. No surprise, but what a waste at 27.

She had a great voice and definitely had her own signature style in this day and age. It's very unfortunate but not surprising.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great voice, train wreck life.

Any bets on cause of death?

I'm guessing it was that Norwegian Psycho. </div></div>
Oh no.. that's funny as hell!

I won't waste any sympathy on a long term junkie who croaks herself. She made her lifestyle choice every time she smoked crack. I can't wait to see how the Entertainment Industry cries about the loss.

Like the Crack addicts say, "When you suck on that glass dick, don't be surprised you get fucked in the ass".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't waste any sympathy on a long term junkie who croaks herself. She made her lifestyle choice every time she smoked crack. I can't wait to see how the Entertainment Industry cries about the loss.

Like the Crack addicts say, "When you suck on that glass dick, don't be surprised you get fucked in the ass". </div></div>

The milk of human kindness seems to turn into a cheesy substance in your mouth, doesn't it?

Before she lost control of her life:

2earlfk.jpg

The woman has been a unrepentant druggie for years. She had plenty of opportunity to do something about it. Lost control of her life" my ass. She chose, every time for years now, to pick up the crack pipe. It's not cheap, or easy to live that life for this long, but she made the choice.
There were plenty of periods of not being high, and ample time for introspection.
She chose drugs instead of a career or life.
She chose....poorly.

Good riddance, although I've never heard of her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good riddance, although I've never heard of her. </div></div>
Here's her Legacy

"They tried to make me go to Rehab, I say "No, No, No".

Nothing changed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTPRJqt2z4

Actually she was in rehab in May; its sad because she really did have amazing gift. Instead, she joins the "27 club" (Jimy Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Brian Jones). She was close to her father, even did a duet this year with Tony Bennett; shame no one could reach her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The woman has been a unrepentant druggie for years. She had plenty of opportunity to do something about it. "Lost control of her life" my ass. She chose, every time for years now, to pick up the crack pipe. It's not cheap, or easy to live that life for this long, but she made the choice.
There were plenty of periods of not being high, and ample time for introspection.
She chose....poorly.</div></div>

I couldn't have said it better myself. That goes for all drug addicts, alcoholics, or those who smoked like a f*ckin freight train for the biggest part of their lives only to wind up with throat or lung cancer. I mean, really, what did you think would happen by partaking of all the bad shit that you've seen destroy other people's lives?!

They <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">KNOW</span></span> what the end result will be when they pick up that bottle of liquor, cigarette, hypodermic needle, or crack pipe. Yet, they chose to ignore the warning signs and now they must face the consequences of their actions.

I refuse to feel sorry or have compassion for someone who chose to live their life in the gutter, especially when they have the world at their fingertips, only to throw it all away for a cheap fix and wind up in the shitter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The woman has been a unrepentant druggie for years. She had plenty of opportunity to do something about it. "Lost control of her life" my ass. She chose, every time for years now, to pick up the crack pipe. It's not cheap, or easy to live that life for this long, but she made the choice.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That goes for all drug addicts, alcoholics, or those who smoked like a f*ckin freight train for the biggest part of their lives only to wind up with throat or lung cancer. I mean, really, what did you think would happen by partaking of all the bad shit that you've seen destroy other people's lives?!

They <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">KNOW</span></span> what the end result will be when they pick up that bottle of liquor, cigarette, hypodermic needle, or crack pipe. Yet, they chose to ignore the warning signs and now they must face the consequences of their actions.

I refuse to feel sorry or have compassion for someone who chose to live their life in the gutter, especially when they have the world at their fingertips, only to throw it all away for a cheap fix and wind up in the shitter. </div></div>

Addiction is a disease, a sickness, if it so easy as to just stop she wouldn't be dead. If you think being an addict is something people just choose to be you have never really known a true addict. I agree it is ultimately their choice, but unfortunately the choice isn't as easy as just quitting and everything being all good again. My .02..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The woman has been a unrepentant druggie for years. She had plenty of opportunity to do something about it. "Lost control of her life" my ass. She chose, every time for years now, to pick up the crack pipe. It's not cheap, or easy to live that life for this long, but she made the choice.

I refuse to feel sorry or have compassion for someone who chose to live their life in the gutter, especially when they have the world at their fingertips, only to throw it all away for a cheap fix and wind up in the shitter. </div></div>

Addiction is a disease, a sickness, if it so easy as to just stop she wouldn't be dead. If you think being an addict is something people just choose to be you have never really known a true addict. I agree it is ultimately their choice, but unfortunately the choice isn't as easy as just quitting and everything being all good again. My .02..
</div></div>

They had to choose to mess with the junk in the first place. No one put a gun to their head and made them do it. Piss poor decision making and reasoning skills is what caused her death.

You know why I have NEVER been addicted to anything? Because I have NEVER allowed myself to partake of things that I KNOW will have a lasting effect on the rest of my life, if not fatal consequences. I have been next to homeless, unemployed with less than $200 to my name, and only a few belongings in the cab of an old '88 Chevy gas-guzzling truck that I could call my own. Yet, no matter how bad the outlook seemed...I REFUSED to use my situation as an excuse/crutch to be spineless and become an addict.

For what it's worth, I have known a true addict; my younger brother who is still battling an addiction and no, I don't cut him any slack about it, either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually she was in rehab in May; its sad because she really did have amazing gift. Instead, she joins the "27 club" (Jimy Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Brian Jones). She was close to her father, even did a duet this year with Tony Bennett; shame no one could reach her. </div></div>

+1 Probably only a physician or LEO knows the power of addictions over the weak minded or the physically predisposed to such disease. The devastation that drugs or even gambling wrecks on individuals and society. The costs to the public in thefts to feed these addictions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you think being an addict is something people just choose to be you have never really known a true addict.</div></div>

She chose the disease. She was not some ten-year-old child suddenly stricken with leukemia. Anyone with a sixth grade education is aware of the dangers of drugs.

For the record, IMO calling addiction a disease is a copout.

And yes, I know addicts...have a very close family member who will likely die before he is 40. I can no longer count what it has cost in rehab, theft, damage to our home, destroyed vehicles...not to mention the damage to our family. My wife, who is NOT an affectionado, now carries a gun out of fear. Like most addicts, he is looking for someone to solve the problem for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you think being an addict is something people just choose to be you have never really known a true addict.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">She chose the disease. She was not some ten-year-old child suddenly stricken with leukemia. Anyone with a sixth grade education is aware of the dangers of drugs.

For the record, IMO calling addiction a disease is a copout. </span>

And yes, I know addicts...have a very close family member who will likely die before he is 40. I can no longer count what it has cost in rehab, theft, damage to our home, destroyed vehicles...not to mention the damage to our family. My wife, who is NOT an affectionado, now carries a gun out of fear. Like most addicts, he is looking for someone to solve the problem for him. </div></div>

Exactly my point, and I couldn't agree more. I cannot understand all the bleeding hearts who say 'RIP' for feel sorry for someone who trashed their life.

Fuck her. All that money, fame and talent and she's been a junkie for better part of a decade.
I'm just glad it wasn't me.

I think it's a tragedy when this shit happens.

SHe made choices, and it got her killed.

I went to a memorial service yesterday for a friend in the dojo, he made a choice and it got him killed. I still felt bad for the family, and I still feel bad for this family.

I've learned all you can do is celebrate the good things of a person when they were alive and move on.

Ok.. I'm wrong, every addict should just get a bullet to the head. Then we could all celebrate their deaths, and that would solve everything .... right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok.. I'm wrong, every addict should just get a bullet to the head. Then we could all celebrate their deaths, and that would solve everything .... right?</div></div>

Ha ha! Not quite, that would definitely be going overboard. I don't believe in 'celebrating' anyone's death unless we're talking about someone like Hitler or Bin Laden. Before someone can be helped, they have to WANT to be helped and WANT to change their lifestyle.

Crack kills.

Wonder when Charlie Sheen's time will come??

Only people I feel sorry for are the family members who fought to keep her and the many like her out of this situation. They are the ones who suffer. She like the many others, famous and not famous die every day. Shows you fame and fortune do not make you smart. THere is no fix for stupid. She made the choices and now she paid the price. She is cured now..... She fucked it off so Fuck her, "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"!!!!!!