• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Polished up my new Cliff Arnold rest

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
Received my new Cliff Arnold rest recently and polished it up – see pics. Cliff’s workmanship and fit-up are outstanding! Price for base rest and roller bearing top are very comparable to new-build alternatives. I optioned for a set of SS Super Feet and Cliff’s top-plate-mounted holder, custom carry handle, a spare windage wear block, and thrust bearing (in the post) – plus N/C for custom fine threads and fine sanding (to help with my polishing). Have yet to have it out to the range (or even put my rifle in it – that gear is back at Eley’s test lab) – will do that before the end of the month.

Attachments

• IMG_3569.JPG
    IMG_3569.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3573.JPG
    IMG_3573.JPG
    586.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_3588.JPG
    IMG_3588.JPG
    567.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    576.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    516.3 KB · Views: 225
So how much will you charge $ to do another? :)

Gjmen
Pass on doing another for anyone but me. Took me 35-36 hours in total from unpack thru reassembly. I had neither the right tools nor an appropriate work area. While I never gave up, I kept seeing results I did not like (frustration) right up to pretty much the last 4-6 hours. Another forum has asked, "What did you use to polish all those parts?" I figure it would take me 1-2 hours to "properly" prepare the reply - noting what I did and how, front-to-rear, and where I would have done things differently; if you will, a first attempt at a "how-to plus tips and tricks". I'll ask over there - and with this post, here - if there are at least 5 folks (total between the two forums) that would possibly find it instructive AND actually consider doing it. IF you would "never" do it, please don't ask that I take the time to describe and suggest. Thanks. :)

Reactions: Gjmen22
Pass on doing another for anyone but me. Took me 35-36 hours in total from unpack thru reassembly. I had neither the right tools nor an appropriate work area. While I never gave up, I kept seeing results I did not like (frustration) right up to pretty much the last 4-6 hours. Another forum has asked, "What did you use to polish all those parts?" I figure it would take me 1-2 hours to "properly" prepare the reply - noting what I did and how, front-to-rear, and where I would have done things differently; if you will, a first attempt at a "how-to plus tips and tricks". I'll ask over there - and with this post, here - if there are at least 5 folks (total between the two forums) that would possibly find it instructive AND actually consider doing it. IF you would "never" do it, please don't ask that I take the time to describe and suggest. Thanks. :)

"Pass on doing another" lol... I bet. That's a lot of work but it does look great. I bet you can get the next one done in half that time.

Gjmen