• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Political Rant (Price of gas)

alamo5000

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2020
Today I saw this article, which echoes earlier comments by the dimwit occupying space in DC.

A little bit of background is in order.

The US has, just within the past two years permanently shuttered numerous oil refineries. So, instead of adding refining capacity to keep up with growth, 'we' have cut back on refining capacity to actually levels not seen since around ten years ago. Yep, we went backwards.

So in theory we have on a gallon per gallon basis a higher daily demand today than we had ten years ago, but we have cut refining capacity. Yet we get stupid comments like this:

“Last month, the price of oil worldwide is down,” Biden said at a meeting of the White House Competition Council. “We haven’t seen the lower prices reflected at the pump, though. Meanwhile, oil and gas companies are still making record profits -- billions of dollars in profit.”

So in adult world, if you want prices at the pump to come down, how about fast tracking some oil refining capacity? So you don't want to do that? I see. Oil companies CANNOT do that on their own. As it stands there would be AT LEAST a 5 to 10 year wait for the approval process to even break ground on an oil refinery simply because of government red tape. Once that goes through THEN the lawsuits start.

If we want lower gas prices why not show some leadership and recognize the actual problem? Furthermore the current inflation problems are linked directly to energy prices. The guy in the field running the tractor has to add 10% for fuel costs. The Mexican crews hauling the raw goods to the plant have to add 10% for their leg, then the truckers that haul the finished product to the grocery stores have to add 10% as well. Literally every single leg of production is adding 5-10%. It adds up. Next thing you know the price on the shelf is 30% higher than what it was last year... Yet these people want to 'wish it to be some other way'.

Link to the article below:

"Leadership" lol It's the government....there hasn't been any real leadership for a long time.

Branden
EnviousZigzagArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

The corner stone of survival is having a natural ability to grasp the many variables that surround you. You have begun to identify a few of those variables. Your challenge, now, is to "get ahead of the curve"...... The plan of this administration, the FED Reserve, We the People and most CEO's of major corporations is "HOPE"... Hope is not a plan.

What is your next move ?

The government doesn’t have that level of control over business in the US.

Some countries do but the US is not one of them.

Today I saw this article, which echoes earlier comments by the dimwit occupying space in DC.

The US has, just within the past two years permanently shuttered numerous oil refineries. So, instead of adding refining capacity to keep up with growth, 'we' have cut back on refining capacity to actually levels not seen since around ten years ago. Yep, we went backwards.

So in theory we have on a gallon per gallon basis a higher daily demand today than we had ten years ago, but we have cut refining capacity. Yet we get stupid comments like this:

“Last month, the price of oil worldwide is down,” Biden said at a meeting of the White House Competition Council. “We haven’t seen the lower prices reflected at the pump, though. Meanwhile, oil and gas companies are still making record profits -- billions of dollars in profit.”

So in adult world, if you want prices at the pump to come down, how about fast tracking some oil refining capacity? So you don't want to do that? I see. Oil companies CANNOT do that on their own. As it stands there would be AT LEAST a 5 to 10 year wait for the approval process to even break ground on an oil refinery simply because of government red tape. Once that goes through THEN the lawsuits start.

If we want lower gas prices why not show some leadership and recognize the actual problem? Furthermore the current inflation problems are linked directly to energy prices. The guy in the field running the tractor has to add 10% for fuel costs. The Mexican crews hauling the raw goods to the plant have to add 10% for their leg, then the truckers that haul the finished product to the grocery stores have to add 10% as well. Literally every single leg of production is adding 5-10%. It adds up. Next thing you know the price on the shelf is 30% higher than what it was last year... Yet these people want to 'wish it to be some other way'.

The government doesn’t have that level of control over business in the US.

Some countries do but the US is not one of them.
The US Government and the Career Politicians over estimate the amount of "control" they have... The rest of the foreign countries of the World are doing an end run around them daily...... Unfortunate that "We the People" are footing the bill.

The corner stone of survival is having a natural ability to grasp the many variables that surround you. You have begun to identify a few of those variables. Your challenge, now, is to "get ahead of the curve"...... The plan of this administration, the FED Reserve, We the People and most CEO's of major corporations is "HOPE"... Hope is not a plan.

What is your next move ?

What is your next move?

We all await the oracle of survival with bated breath....................

Reactions: BadDogPSD
gas prices here are down around $3.25/gal. down from close to $5. this is by design and i knew it would happen. get prices down before the mid terms and the sheeple voters will forget the 90% rise when pedo took office. his minions then claim that he is making things better for them.

Reactions: 308pirate
For years I’ve endured ridicule while puttering around town in my 1.6L 2012 Toyota Yaris with roll up windows and a five speed. It’s been referred to as a go kart, roller skate and the monowiper on many occasions. My oldest son would even pull up his hoodie when I picked him up from school.

How bittersweet it is.

My ride is still gay as shit, but at least I get to enjoy taking the scenic route to work everyday without budget cuts.

For years I’ve endured ridicule while puttering around town in my 1.6L 2012 Toyota Yaris with roll up windows and a five speed. It’s been referred to as a go kart, roller skate and the monowiper on many occasions. My oldest son would even pull up his hoodie when I picked him up from school.

How bittersweet it is.

My ride is still gay as shit, but at least I get to enjoy taking the scenic route to work everyday without budget cuts.
Accord 45 mpg.jpg

Not a shit box

How bittersweet it is.

Well, you've done the first step and admitted you're gay. You can now start the healing process.....

It's all tied to the politics and money.

There's not another business out there that relies on single digit percentage profit margins.

Unless you've worked in oil and gas you have no idea the crazy shit they have to pay for. And don't forget when prices rise they have to pay them also.

Reactions: mosin46
It bothers me that we were a net exporter of energy just a couple of years ago......That was the first time in my life !

Are business not allowed to export their products?

You do realized that oil companies are private businesses and most of the fuels produced in the US come from raw material extracted from private lands by private companies.

It's not up to you or the government where companies can sell their products.

You do realized that oil companies are private businesses and most of the fuels produced in the US come from raw material extracted from private lands by private companies.

I guess I wasn't clear.......
I meant that we had so much petroleum they could sell it elsewhere. We had
all we needed until the present clowns shut it down.
Until this so-called administration, I hadn't heard the acronym 'OPEC' in years.

It bothers me that we were a net exporter of energy just a couple of years ago......That was the first time in my life !

Could you imagine if we had increased our fossil fuel production instead of decreased it?

So you don't want to do that? I see. Oil companies CANNOT do that on their own. As it stands there would be AT LEAST a 5 to 10 year wait for the approval process to even break ground on an oil refinery
Nobody in their right mind will invest that kind of money in an environment where the Federal government has declared war on fossil fuels.....without a substitute source of energy in sight.

Banks will not make the loans and oil company's will not even apply for them.

Its not hard to understand...Biden and his cohort have frozen all investment in fossil fuels then point fingers at others at the high cost of gasoline. Fucking retards.

Stolen elections have consequences. Dems are going to lie and steal because that's what they do. I blame the repubs for not fighting it
Agree. But the Republicans should have anticipated and cheated better.

yes,oil companies are private entities. but to me that gets complicated because petro industry is so bound by with and by the gov that things get badly mixed. very much like big tech and big transpo (trucking and trains). i certainly have no sloution other than getting the gov out of most aspects and only permitting regulation that truely protects the public,not profits politicians and bureaucrats.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

Except they are controlled by the government. They have to permit everything. They get denied for political reasons all the time.

Working on a wood gasifier now, I got sidetracked building a waste oil burner...

agree totally. people say biden is stupid. he is not-demented,1/2 senile,perverted yes. he has been with the program from day1. his handlers,backers and followers are not stupid. they are looking at the coming finish of a long term,well managed plan. covert until recently when any resistance has been crippled,marginalized and discredited. they now see their successful end game in sight. i don't see much lately showing that they are failing.

agree totally. people say biden is stupid. he is not-demented,1/2 senile,perverted yes. he has been with the program from day1. his handlers,backers and followers are not stupid. they are looking at the coming finish of a long term,well managed plan. covert until recently when any resistance has been crippled,marginalized and discredited. they now see their successful end game in sight. i don't see much lately showing that they are failing.

The time is soon coming to reveal to them the true meaning of the second Amendment.

The truth is that nothing in the 21st century gets fixed until it is so broken it cannot even remotely function. Seems like our current "Leaders" are trying to break it all down so that they get the opportunity to enact repairs/rebuild to their own vision. This is not stupidity - it's deliberate. These folks know exactly what they are doing and why - it's not an accident.

We are being controlled. My anger comes from the fact that it is so well orchestrated and precise that there is nothing we can do about it. For now. I'm just waiting. There's nothing else to be done. Especially in America where we/US have all been set against each other and torn into tiny tribes and clans.

VooDoo

Co-workers son works on a rig drilling for BP. They were set to invest billions in a new refinery, but pulled out after O'Brandon started his crap. And have since sold out all oil drilling operations. While he was expecting a promotion/raise, instead he was advised that they already laid off several crews and their rig would most likely be shut down in Feb. I won't be surprised if we see $10 a gallon gas. They have 100s of wells drilled and capped, a few that could supply our country for 100 years each, they know where pockets are that could supply the world for 100 years. This administration is pushing the green agenda, and making oil impossible to profit enough to justify the expenses.

• Sad
If you look back at history the US had a several hundred individual refineries. The total number has steadily come down since the 1980s, but almost always the decrease in numbers were offset by adding volume elsewhere.

In the current situation the total refining capacity has been reduced.

Now if I'm selling a wigit on an ebay auction and there are 1,000 other similar wigits listed interest in my auction is diminished. Conversely if there is a shortage the price will be high because of the whole supply and demand thing.

This is essentially the same thing in refined products like gasoline. Hence you wind up with record gas prices.

That ass clown can release all the oil he wants from the strategic reserve but it will do little if anything to gas prices.

In this environment gas prices are largely being determined not by the price of crude but in what the demand is at the gates of the refinery.