• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poll -- Help me pick a "free" AR

Poll -- Help me pick a "free" AR

• PWS .223 WYLDE

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Knights Armament 300 AAC blackout

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • LWRC M6A2

• Christen Arms CA-15

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • BCM M4A1 EAG

• Total voters

mcdoosh

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2014
So my dad got some brand new AR15s. He told me that for my birthday I can come down and take my pick! This will be my first AR15, and I would expect to use just for occasional range use. I'm toying with doing some 3 gun competitions.

Which would you pick:

1. PWS .223 WYLDE
2. Knights Armament SR-15E3 IWS CARBINE
3. LWRC M6A2
4. Christen Arms CA-15
5. BCM M4A1 EAG

-b

I'd take the KAC if it was not in 300 BO...I've fallen way out of love with that caliber.

If the KAC were in 5.56 it would be the hands-down obvious answer. But it's in 300BLK, a decent cartridge but hard to find and much more expensive than 5.56. So I voted PWS. The BCM and LWRC would be fine too.

I guess this depends on what you are looking for on caliber. I didn't notice it was 300bo. That kinda sucks unless you were specifically looking for 300bo

So my dad got some brand new AR15s. He told me that for my birthday I can come down and take my pick! This will be my first AR15, and I would expect to use just for occasional range use. I'm toying with doing some 3 gun competitions.

Which would you pick:

1. PWS .223 WYLDE
3. LWRC M6A2
4. Christen Arms CA-15
5. BCM M4A1 EAG

-b

I don't suppose you remember me. I am your long lost twin brother born on the same day. I don't suppose your father remembers me either.
Well in any case, I don't own an AR, and my wishes are for the both of us to have a great birthday. I'll let you pick first. That's my birthday gift to you.

I would have voted KAC without hesitation, but since it's 300 BO and I assume that this is your only AR, then I would take the BCM. It will last longer than you will.

Which would you pick:

1. PWS .223 WYLDE
3. LWRC M6A2
4. Christen Arms CA-15
5. BCM M4A1 EAG

-b
Too good to be true.

Pics or gtfo.

Bravo sierra ... or either tell the rest if the story. Wtf died?

The selection plus the circumstances makes about as much sense as the Obama/Hillary/Kerry Benghazi story.

Those are not four random run of the mill AR variations.

"Toying with 3 gun comp" my six.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Too good to be true.

Pics or gtfo.

Rest of the story is I am a very lucky and undeserving son of the finest man I've ever known.

Check out a couple dandies he gave me last year.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    680.4 KB · Views: 17
I stopped reading at knights armament.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING DOODE?? Hurry before your father changes
His mind about the kac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too good to be true.

Pics or gtfo.

Bravo sierra ... or either tell the rest if the story. Wtf died?

The selection plus the circumstances makes about as much sense as the Obama/Hillary/Kerry Benghazi story.

Those are not four random run of the mill AR variations.

"Toying with 3 gun comp" my six.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
My long lost uncle died without kids and I am the closest kin and therefore the heir to Remington. If I just send him 4 shotguns, 6 pistols, and a rifle to help free up the money and pay for the execution of the will it is all mine.

Just to make sure, if you do not reside in the same state, the rifle has to be transferred through an FFL.

Rather than overly take advantage of your dad and end up with a .300 AAC for your only and first AR I'd go BCM. It's more practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get whatever your dad least likes and trade it in for a Wilson Combat in your caliber of choice or it you don't reload, trade it in on a Dillon. The WC newer "Bill"et upper and lower are a step above the rest. Of course there is going to be hating on the 300AAC on a long range website. We have our bolt guns for long range. For my location, the suburbs outside a big city, 300AAC is my caliber of choice for a carbine. It's by far my favorite caliber sitting close to the 50gi for my 1911. Granted I must drive 3 hours for a shot longer than 100 yards.

Rest of the story is I am a very lucky and undeserving son of the finest man I've ever known.

Check out a couple dandies he gave me last year.

It's nice to see a humbled man who is appreciative of his family. Took me years to truly realize all that my family did/does for me. Either choice will be a win because it's FREE!!!

I've never wanted the "KAC", and surprised to see so many men desiring it. I'd go with the BCM.

I would take the PWS.

Per the 300BLK -- Reload. It gets down to 25-30c a load...

My 5.56 is Mk262 and costs 20c/load...

If you're paying more than that for ammo, you're just doing it wrong.

If I were you I would get the KAC for two reasons.

1. I really like Knights products.
2. I would probably never buy a .300 BLK KAC rifle for myself but the idea of getting to own one for free is too cool to pass up.

RE: The 3gun thing. None of listed choices are ideal so get the coolest thing available from your pops (Which is the KAC) you can pick up or build something for 3 gun thats designed for the game.

I hope you get your old man something bad ass for his birthday.

Lot's of KAC fans when price is no object! :).

KAC makes great products. Love my SR 15's.

Damn. I just saw the tactical elite and ed brown. I own both! You are already aware of the quality of Wilson products. It remains the same standard on the long gun side of the shop.

If you already own an AR in 5.56, then KAC 300BLK. If not, then I would pick the LWRC M6A2.

Thanks very much to all for the comments and votes. It's safe to say I will get a 556 someday, and it sounds like close to a consensus for the KAC assuming it's not going to be my only AR. Dad says the KAC is bad ass and he thought that's the one I would want. I do reload so I'm not really worried about ammo availability or cost. By the way I think I got the model number wrong though in the description above - it is definitely 300 AAC.

Dad mentioned he was "thinking about" a Wilson AR but that was not "on the table" for my choice. . . selfish prick.

mcD
:)

"the finest man I've ever known.......selfish prick." Ha ha. Awesome. Out of all those choices I have owned an m6a2 and an sr-15 mod one. Both great but I do like the KAC more. Would I take a Christensen for free? You bet your ass I would. I'd hang it on my wall ha ha

Ok thanks again everyone. I have a separate but related question. It appears that the KAC is built specifically for the 300 AAC caliber.

Question is: can I purchase a 556 upper and swap back and forth with the 300 AAC caliber upper? Is the "lower" part of the KAC going to be the same as if it was a 556 caliber, or will it be a funky weight etc. (like putting a 28 gauge barrel on a 12 gauge frame)?

Thanks for thoughts on this!

Now I get it. He is making room in the safe for Wilson ARs. I too would rather give my "junk" away then lose my ass on it in the classifieds. Lol

Thanks very much to all for the comments and votes. It's safe to say I will get a 556 someday, and it sounds like close to a consensus for the KAC assuming it's not going to be my only AR. Dad says the KAC is bad ass and he thought that's the one I would want. I do reload so I'm not really worried about ammo availability or cost. By the way I think I got the model number wrong though in the description above - it is definitely 300 AAC.

Dad mentioned he was "thinking about" a Wilson AR but that was not "on the table" for my choice. . . selfish prick.

mcD
:)