• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poll : Rimfire NRL / PRS Scopes. $1-2K

Best mid range scopes for Rimfire PRS/NRL matches ?

• NEXUS GEN 2 4-25×50mm FFP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

700plm

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2010
SF, CA
I tried to keep it between USD $1-2K & between 5-2x magnification
if you want to compare reticles :

comment if you'd like me to add a scope I missed

Last edited:
I have a used K624i I picked up for around $1800 on my Vudoo. Great, super crisp glass, good eye box, great tracking, good turret feel.

Clear enough I can spot my own shots at all reasonable 22 distances - my Athlon ETR wouldn’t do it past around 75 yards on paper on my eyes, without a shoot n c.

Reactions: FuhQ
Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 UHD 4.5-29x56

Edit - It's already there in your listing, but not your poll
And the Cronus can be found pretty regularly in the 1200-1300 range new.

How far you plan to shoot? Available elevation will come into play if going 400+. Also do not get anything SFP for the sport. Only FFP.

Out of your list I would go with the Tract. Has a great reticle and a good amount of elevation but if you needed more look at the Tract 4-25x50 as it has 47mils of elevation. Just decide if you need the magnification or elevation. I had a 4.5-30 before the 4-25x came out and it was a good scope. If you can get mil/le discounts you can save more.

329517849_708699194177151_4268253337465219010_n.jpg

Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 UHD 4.5-29x56

Edit - It's already there in your listing, but not your poll

And the Cronus can be found pretty regularly in the 1200-1300 range new.
The issue with the Cronus is the reticle, it might be an issue for hold overs,
NX8 Mil-XT , Elite tactical EQL reticle, Element APR-2D MRAD are much better

Burris XTR3i, all else being equal I say go for the widest FOV, also depth of field and apparent FOV all help in the PRS/NRL game

Unless you specifically need a particular feature or spec (close parallax, lots of elevation etc) I'd be going XTR3.

XTR-III 5.5-30x56, Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50, or a lightly used Kahles K624i (if you can find one under $2K).

The issue with the Cronus is the reticle, it might be an issue for hold overs,
NX8 Mil-XT , Elite tactical EQL reticle, Element APR-2D MRAD are much better
Never had an issue myself 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like the Cronus, have three, love the reticles, but now I'd get the Burris XTRIII. Better FOV, glass is good, price is probably the best for what you get in a nice scope.

Reactions: YotaEer
I am using the XTRIII 5.5x30 for PRS22 and NRL22. Great scope for money. XTRIII 3-18 works too

Xtr pros are regularly under 2k from reputable vendors (i.e. eurooptics). I've been using mine (scr2 1/4mil) for over a year in nrl22/prs.

Reactions: Rob01
Mil-XT reticle is outstanding.

I'd also look at the Ziess S3. It has an insane amount of elevation travel. I've dialed several well beyond the advertised value. 1.5 MIL more than advertised if memory serves. You might find one on sale or used around $2K. The reticle looks to be very good but I have zero experience using one in the field. The glass in also very good.

Reactions: FuhQ and Rob01
Yup the Zeiss S3 is an excellent choice if you can find one used or if you are on Expertvoice and can get one under a $2K. I have used my two a lot and they are an excellent optic for matches.