• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poll: Vortex Ranger 1800 or Razor 4000 HD?

Which One?...$350 Ranger 1800 or $500 Razor 4000 HD?

• Ranger 1800

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Razor 4000 HD

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

JINKSTER

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Do I settle for what'll do me or?....for an extra $150 go all out and enjoy the added distance, power and clarity of 7X25 glass?

Please Vote Above and?....

Thank you for your thoughts and participation.

I'll say the same thing I did in a different thread:

Over the years, I've gone through several handheld LRFs from Leica, Sig, LTI, and a couple of others. I sold them all for varying reasons. The Vortex 4000 is the only one that i kept. I've since switched to the Sig binos, but the Vortex 4000 stays in my pack as a backup. It's been good out to 1800+

By the way, everytime the topic of handheld LRFs comes up, I feel the need to say I despise the way a lot of people "test" their LRF and report back, like it's impressive. Hooray, you ranged a 426958 MOA house at 1900 yards or a giant, reflective water tower at 2200 yards. Tell me how it does differentiating a 3/4 IPSC at 822 yards from shrubbery on the same visual plane as the target at 808. How about that little prairie dog target at 377 that's been shot to hell that's surrounded by vegetation? Or the 12" gong at 1047 yards with rocky outcroppings surrounding it that are about 20 yards different? Are you ranging the target at 1466 or the mountainside behind it? That's where the Vortex shined for me when the others failed.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Are you ranging the target accurately, or are you hitting the mountainside behind it:

20211015_103814.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JINKSTER
Kinda depends on how far you are planning on ranging. I have the 1800 and I kick myself for not getting the 4000 everytime I use it. It ranges reliably up to about 1300 yards. More than that and it's hit or miss on reflective targets. My friend got a 4000 on the way to Alaska and was ranging caribou right at 3000 yards. If you can, buy the 4000.

Reactions: JINKSTER
I thank you all for sharing your experience and wisdom which confirmed in a big way which model I should buy and I'm pleased to report that the decision and purchase has been made.

I've done biz with Scott at L.O years ago where I purchased a Nikon 4-16 Tactical IRCC and he's a great dealer and his cart price was $399 but?....delivery would've been 8 weeks out and Euro-Optics had me carted at $429 but by the time tax and shipping was totaled I was at $475.

I had $115 in Bass Pro club credit and In actuality I did pay full tag of $499.97...with my Military discount the total was like $508 then the club points of $115 brought it down to $393 but it was a price I was willing to pay to avoid having to sign or risk porch pirates snatching it and?...the convenience factor of me living 10 minutes from Bass Pro so if anything was or does go wrong?...I don't hafta play RA shipping ping-pong....just take it back.

I ranged some trees from my backyard out to 482yds and am very pleased with this new addition to my gear and feel blessed I had fine folks like y'all to validate things for me...Thank You! :)

Attachments

• VORTEXRZR4K1.JPG
    VORTEXRZR4K1.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 32
  • VORTEXRZR4K2.JPG
    VORTEXRZR4K2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 44