• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pondering a build w gemtech suppressed barrel

mahlv

Supporter
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2018
I've had a 10/22 with a gemtech integral suppressed barrel for a while now, and overall not thrilled with it. Super quiet and accurate enough, but 10/22 action gets dirty af in what I'd say is too soon (150 rounds or so). Dirty enough to affect reliability, and that just sucks lol(I know, first world problem right)

Looking at the volquartsen toggle action and the Christiansen arms 10/22-bolt action platform. CA has replied to my inquiry on compatibility of a 10/22 style barrel interface with a "negatory good buddy", but I've seen in a limited number of other info that they do actually work together. Any experience with you guys?

The Volquartsen-PNW toggle looks like it would work just fine with my barrel, so that might be where I end up. I don't have nice fuzzy feelings about any CA stuff after the way they've handled some people on here as well as some of my friends locally, but I think I'd like a standard bolt action setup over the toggle. Bottom line is I should have just stuck w another TB takedown can over this suppressed barrel, but oh well.

Thanks for any insight

Last edited:
I have never shot either, but I have handled both of them and if I were to be doing one I would go with the toggle bolt. The CA Ranger did not impress when when I checked one out a few weeks ago. The bolt manipulation was really clunky and the action rocked side to side in the stock, even after retightening the action screws. That was a far as I looked because I lost interest pretty quickly. I am sure those things can be worked out but between that and the poor reviews when it comes to ejection, I decided it wasnt for me.
The toggle bolt is and interesting idea, especially with the integral barrel. Without the action running all of the internal volume I bet that thing will be really quiet.

Reactions: mahlv