• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poor CS w/ MDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IanHusaberg

Bad Actor
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2017
    Rocky Mountains
    I purchased two 12 round non binder plate magazines with MDT during their black friday two for the price of one event. I bought two back-ordered non binder plate magazines for the price of NONE. Some time before Christmas, I received two binder plate magazines. Well that does me a lot of no good, with reloading. I called them and asked if I could return them for mags without binder plates. Sure, they said, gave me a RA#. I sent them back with the RA# on the outside of the USPS package. Just after SHOT show I called and was given the run around, transferred to a gentleman in the warehouse that I could barley hear and explain the situation. They said, "we just got back from SHOT, changing systems and things are in disarray." Ok.......email me when its sorted out. February, March, April, shooting season is upon us and I'd like my 12 round magazines. It's the beginning of May and I'd like the magazines I paid for in November!

I call up and get a customer service rep, thats not on the warehouse floor. He asks for my RA# number, XX83, XX73, XX76, something, something. I don't remember the exact #, but I'm close after six months. It only took ten minutes for him to look it up. I get the explanation that they have switched systems. OK, great. Where's your tracking # For Usps? I explain the situation and its been six months. The person i spoke with said we haven't received your package and he'd have to speak with the manger and get back to me. Crickets.........

The short and long of it is no emails, calls, communication, zip, ever. No magazines. Sorry I did't buy one of you high priced chasis. Nor will I ever.

MDT You Suck!!!!!!

Last edited:
    You should have saved that tracking number to prove they were delivered. You should have saved all those numbers. They are just supposed to believe that you returned them? Did you ever track it to verify it was actually delivered instead of lost in transit?

Hahah. MDT has some of the best customer service on the planet right now. They are active daily here on the forum. First story like this I've heard of. Why do you not have your tracking # of your USPS package you shipped to them?? Kind of makes things hard when you cant provide confirmation it was returned to them...that goes for any company, not just MDT.

@MDT_OFFICIAL
    @MDT_Josh

Hahah. MDT has some of the best customer service on the planet right now. They are active daily here on the forum. First story like this I've heard of. Why do you not have your tracking # of your USPS package you shipped to them?? Kind of makes things hard when you cant provide confirmation it was returned to them...that goes for any company, not just MDT.
    Ian has been on the board a long time, active in many threads about shooting and I have never before seen him complain about anyone or anything. Check out the MRAD thread! It is possible for even the best company or people to make a mistake from time to time. My money is on Josh to make everything good.

Ian, perhaps edit your post to be more clear that you mean your particular experience with MDT sucks not the entire company.

Thanks diverdon! I guess I’m just going to have to stick with the MRAD platform.

I’m going to stand by my original post. This whole matter is over $80.00!!!!!! I felt like, I gave them every opportunity to make this right. Tracking numbers or not. All I ever got was excuses, “we just got back from SHOT” and “we’re changing our systems.”

Never did they say that they may have screwed up on there end. We’re not talking about a $1k chassis here. $80!

I never wanted to post this thread. It’s taken me months. I wanted to see if there were others who were treated poorly by MDT? Maybe I’m alone and that’s fine.

If all I get out of my $80 interaction with MDT is people know how I was treated, then I’ll have some satisfaction.

I purchased two 12 round non binder plate magazines with MDT during their black friday two for the price of one event. I bought two back-ordered non binder plate magazines for the price NONE. Some time before Christmas, I received two binder plate magazines. Well that does me a lot of no good, with reloading. I called them and asked if I could return them for mags without binder plates. Sure, they said, gave me a RA#. I sent them back with the RA# on the outside of the USPS package. Just after SHOT show I called and was given the run around, transferred to a gentleman in the warehouse that I could barley hear and explain the situation. They said, "we just got back from SHOT, changing systems and things are in disarray." Ok.......email me when its sorted out. February, March, April, shooting season is upon us and I'd like my 12 round magazines. It's the beginning of May and I'd like the magazines I paid for in November!

I call up and get a customer service rep, thats not on the warehouse floor. He asks for my RA# number, XX83, XX73, XX76, something, something. I don't remember the exact #, but I'm close after six months. It only took ten minutes for him to look it up. I get the explanation that they have switched systems. OK, great. Where's your tracking # For Usps? I explain the situation and its been six months. The person i spoke with said we haven't received your package and he'd have to speak with the manger and get back to me. Crickets.........

The short and long of it is no emails, calls, communication, zip, ever. No magazines. Sorry I did't buy one of you high priced chasis. Nor will I ever.

MDT You Suck!!!!!!

We're sorry to hear that we have not been able to resolve your issue. We strive to provide the best customer service possible, and we will look into this for you. Would you be able to contact us through our support portal or give us a call at 1-604-393-0800, my extension is 115.

My initial experience with MDT’s CS was imperfect but perfectly satisfactory given the circumstance. I told them that when they asked, so they in turn switched it up and made it perfect. I hope OP gets the same type of outcome.

So there was confusion.....?
    You come in with a menstrual rant about a company that listens to shooters needs and addresses them with innovation like few others. Don't be suprised that you find no love here cowboy.....

AHC222, I sure did. There is this little thing hear in Wyoming, we call it winter. It’s -30 degrees outside sometimes other times it snowing a couple of feet. Sooooo shooting sports aren’t always at the forefront of my thoughts.

I called feb 1ish, just after SHOT the first time, to inquire. 2nd time was end of April ish. I don’t really enjoy being frustrated, angry, annoyed, etc... It kind of ruins my day when I have to make a phone call, being a complaining, whinny pussy while keeping my cool on the phone to try and get some resolve. When I’d like to go ballistic and lose my shit with person that’s not really helping me solve the issue.

On a positive note, I spoke with Anthony @ MDT. He was helpful and apologetic. He said they would ship me out my mags when they came off of back-order, in a couple of weeks. He’s refunding my $ as well. Which I didn’t ask for.

This isn’t case closed for me. We’ll see if I actually receive these mags and or a check anytime in the near future.

Say what you will. I’ve come think that all the people in this site have integrity and honor. I like to think I can trust people on there word.
    All the interaction i’ve Had with members here on the Px have always live up too there word and followed through. Especially when $ is paid, item is as promised and is shipped timely with tracking number to follow.

I just wish MDT representives would have believed me and treated me with respect as a paying customer from the get go.

Last edited:

@MDT_OFFICIAL
    @MDT_Josh

If the sender prepared the shipping label online, he may have an e-mail in his inbox from USPS that will list the T/N. If he sent it from the P/O counter, probably no dice. I always do the "Click n Ship" thing online, print my own label and drop the parcel at the P/O. Never had any problems. And, if he had to ship to Canada (BC), there would also be a Canada Post T/N available.

A few years ago, I sent a fly rod (flea bay sale) from Seattle to Burns Lake, in the interior of BC. The buyer tried to claim he never received it. I pulled up all of the T/N info (USPS & Canada Post) and sent it to him. I asked him if he wanted to pursue it further and potentially commit mail fraud. Never heard back......oddly enough :unsure:

I had an issue with an MDT chassis forend, they shipped me a new part and sent me a return shipping label the same day.
    Cant ask for more.

AHC222, I sure did. There is this little thing hear in Wyoming, we call it winter. It’s -30 degrees outside sometimes other times it snowing a couple of feet. Sooooo shooting sports aren’t always at the forefront of my thoughts.

We also have something called winter here in Iowa. It allows me to forget shooting and realize that I have not received any updates on a product I exchanged months ago. I'd then follow through until I heard something. Not let it sit for 1/4 to 1/3 a year.

It kind of ruins my day when I have to make a phone call, being a complaining, whinny pussy while keeping my cool on the phone to try and get some resolve. When I’d like to go ballistic and lose my shit with person that’s not really helping me solve the issue.

It would frustrate most people as well. However, most are mature enough to inquire about and solve an issue without going ballistic and losing their shit with a CS rep. I think MDT would fully own up to making a mistake both on the initial product shipment and missing follow up in February after Shot Show (why they weren't contacted from before Xmas when you received the mags until after Shot Show is a whole different conversation). But It's very much on you for leaving the issue unresolved for months in the interim before blowing up with a rant on here.

pretty much the same thing happened to me with MDT and mags . MDT customer service sucks

We're sorry to hear you are not happy with the service you received. Please send us a message through our support portal, and we will be happy to work with you in resolving any issues.

Reactions: SlimySquirrel
    nothing to work out now ,after waiting for over 3 months with for the mags and listening to your rep being rude to me and complaining about how the shot show screwed up production. I have decided that I will never buy anything from MDT

Hey AHC222, thanks for joining my thread and giving your insight on my situation.

Nativecat01, It’s sound like I’m not alone on this one. Thanks for chiming in.

Hey AHC222, thanks for joining my thread and giving your insight on my situation.

Nativecat01, It’s sound like I’m not alone on this one. Thanks for chiming in.
    No problem, I'm assuming you started this thread on a public message board for others to talk about your situation. If you're upset I'm a realist who found fault with both parties in this instance I guess I'll live with it.

If you want to hear about my (or any one of the other 98% of posters on this site) great experiences with MDT, let us know.

Reactions: DDoug
    nothing to work out now ,after waiting for over 3 months with for the mags and listening to your rep being rude to me and complaining about how the shot show screwed up production. I have decided that I will never buy anything from MDT

Our sincerest apologies for your experience with us. A lot of us are shooters and we understand the desire to upgrade and find ways to ShootBetter. We do our best to provide the best customer service possible. We cannot apologize enough if you had a negative experience and we would love to hear about it so we can not only improve but to try to make it right. With our Black Friday Sale this year, we did sell considerably more magazines than we were expecting which caused a monumental backlog. We are improving our processes and scheduling to help bring down lead times. It has taken some time but we are improving every day. We appreciate the feedback you have provided us and look forward to hearing from you so we can do better. We hope that you will eventually give us another chance at earning your business, we would love the opportunity to make it right with you.

Last edited:
    I participated on the Black Friday mag sale. Had to wait a while for the back order to arrive. Hoping we get to participate again this year !!! ?
    We will be a lot better prepared for this Black Friday this year! What will be on sale is a surprise!

This is why I won't buy any item unless it's in stock. Too many bad experiences.

Reactions: 47guy
    You should have saved that tracking number to prove they were delivered. You should have saved all those numbers. They are just supposed to believe that you returned them? Did you ever track it to verify it was actually delivered instead of lost in transit?
    take cell phone pics of every UPS package in and out.
    its free takes 2 seconds and lasts forever.
    no debate once you have the tracking numbers.

Last edited:
    @IanHusaberg
    Uncalled for, you probably should be banned

PS If I need the ban hammer, hit me. I’ve about had it BS like this.
    You’ve come in a little hot there boss.

It seems that he waited quite a while before having a moan and it’s been pointed out that his reputation on the board would suggest he’s something other than a moaner.
    It’s not for us to judge whether $80 is a big deal to someone or not and as MDT have held their hands up on this then the desired result has been achieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
    You’ve come in a little hot there boss.

It seems that he waited quite a while before having a moan and it’s been pointed out that his reputation on the board would suggest he’s something other than a moaner.
    It’s not for us to judge whether $80 is a big deal to someone or not and as MDT have held their hands up on this then the desired result has been achieved.
    Agreed. MDT will get him fixed up I think this is a good PSA and just goes to show the importance of keeping a paper trail and good records.
    You shouldnt count on anyone to do anything for you that you arent already doing for yourself.

I keep my shipping receipt in a stcak on my desk until I get whatever I shipped back in my hands as well as sending the other party a link or the tracking number in an email or message that we can both reference or I can dig back up as evidence. Its hard to argue anything without any evidence.

For what it’s worth, the little tiny bit I’ve had to do with MDT, I’ve had a good experience.. They even sent me a hand-signed Christmas card, which I thought was pretty effing chill

Reactions: kabarNC and padom
    If someone is impatient and constantly emails/calls to get a situation rectified, they’ll get flamed here for being too impatient and being a crybaby.

If someone (like the OP) waits like he did he’s getting flamed by some just for waiting and not being impatient.

Pick one fellas....

MDT have been pleasant to me. As a business owner I give the customer the benefit of the doubt. USPS has plenty of flaws and I would certainly ask for tracking. Tracking should be pretty easy to keep track of, I can look up everything we've shipped for quite some time.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    Crazy.. I dealt with MDT customer service a while back and they were down right exceptional. Like above and beyond good. I know it's not much help to you now OP but I'm sure every once in a blue moon one falls through the cracks, sounds like you had the misfortune of being that "one" this time around.. don't let it leave a bad taste in your mouth, I'm sure they will take care of you..

If someone is impatient and constantly emails/calls to get a situation rectified, they’ll get flamed here for being too impatient and being a crybaby.

If someone (like the OP) waits like he did he’s getting flamed by some just for waiting and not being impatient.

Pick one fellas....
    It’s three emails/calls a day or one email/call every three months. Apparently there’s no middle ground.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
    It has been a while since the last post, but we wanted to say thank you for everyone's support. We are not perfect, and we do make mistakes! But when we do, we will do everything to make it right. If anyone is not happy with the support they received, please feel free to reach out directly to our sales manager Kyle at [email protected]

It has been a while since the last post, but we wanted to say thank you for everyone's support. We are not perfect, and we do make mistakes! But when we do, we will do everything to make it right. If anyone is not happy with the support they received, please feel free to reach out directly to our sales manager Kyle at [email protected]
    Ok, here's the deal. Since I got involved with precision rifle competition almost two years ago, I have bought a lot of gear from a lot of awesome companies. The first of those was MDT; I was introduced (via email) to Kyle and his brother via @garyalarson after the April '18 Guardian match, which is well-supported by MDT. Short story is, MDT sets a bar for service that very few companies even try to reach. I've bought gear from MDT several times since then, and I've reached out with questions a few times. Sales and service were top-rung every time. Yes, I did have to wait for the magazines I ordered at last year's Black Friday sale, but they kept me informed as to where things were in the process until the order was filled.

No company or product is perfect, but customers can be certain that MDT will do its best. Thanks to the MDT team!