• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poor man’s AI picture thread (AICS)

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
I figured there’s not a picture thread of REM 700 AICS builds so I’ll start one. Please add you AICS builds pictures here!

IMG_4565.jpeg

Here’s mine. R700

It shot like an R700, felt like a R700 and definitely didn’t scratch the itch for the real thing

So I sold it and bought an AIAT.

Don’t be poors gentleman. Do yourselves a favor and get the real thing. Zero regrets ever. Get in the real AI pic thread. You won’t regret it

What I actually had
IMG_4750.jpeg

What I thought I had and didn’t need
IMG_4338.jpeg

Here's the funny thing, too. By the time you get a decent R700 in an AICS built up, you could have almost bought an AE or be halfway or more to an AT.

Reactions: hafejd30
I just wish I knew what half of these abbreviations mean. Y'all speak a different language around here!

Me, I'm just a simple M700 fan who will buy a decent scope and a different stock, but I'm not into having a rifle that costs more than my 15-year old car. All I want is MOA accuracy that I can see out to 400 yards, that's as far as our club range goes. My calibers are 22-250, 223 Wylde, 6mmBR, 6.5 Grendel, and 308. With a damaged right shoulder that will never get better, the 308 is my limit for recoil.

Essentially, I buy what I can afford and try to maximize the accuracy potential with good handloading techniques. I can't tell you what I've spent on reloading in the past 40 years, but it's probably enough for a nice house. I keep upgrading my equipment, always chasing the perfect load in each caliber, and never being satisfied. It's just a fucking quest. There is no end, no rainbow, no conclusion, and I'm okay with that. The journey is intriguing.

I just wish I knew what half of these abbreviations mean. Y'all speak a different language around here!

Me, I'm just a simple M700 fan who will buy a decent scope and a different stock, but I'm not into having a rifle that costs more than my 15-year old car. All I want is MOA accuracy that I can see out to 400 yards, that's as far as our club range goes. My calibers are 22-250, 223 Wylde, 6mmBR, 6.5 Grendel, and 308. With a damaged right shoulder that will never get better, the 308 is my limit for recoil.

Essentially, I buy what I can afford and try to maximize the accuracy potential with good handloading techniques. I can't tell you what I've spent on reloading in the past 40 years, but it's probably enough for a nice house. I keep upgrading my equipment, always chasing the perfect load in each caliber, and never being satisfied. It's just a fucking quest. There is no end, no rainbow, no conclusion, and I'm okay with that. The journey is intriguing.
All you really need is an AIAT/AX/MC/SR/ZCO/RRS. Even a DT SRS in a 6CM or GT would be fun. Or just shoot a R700 and GBPSE

IMG_0972.jpeg

Custom ‘06
22.5 Rock Creek 1/10 M40 barrel
Obermyer Chamber
Giessele 2 stage trigger
PTG 1 piece bolt

Last edited:
Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
Finished ish 3006 reage build. R700, tuned walker trigger, AI adjustable buttpad. Wears leupold mark4 bases and mk4 aluminum rings, nightforce 4.5-14 SHV scope. Weighs about 16lbs with sling and loaded.
20231021_125035.jpg

About 1/3 of the already existing AI picture thread is AICS chassis and not true AI rifles, so this thread is redundant.
How do you keep the women off you?!?,?.???

Will the Badger Ordinance Maximized Recoil Lug work on a 700/AIAT Chassis combo? Or will it be too tall/need fitting?

Last edited:
It's too tall, when my barreled action had one it needed to be chopped down in order to keep from bottoming out. When I had the action rebarreled I had it replaced with a Badger M40A6 lug and it fit perfect with no mods.