• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poor man’s shooting tripod

secondofangle2

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2017
    I was going to post this as a joke and then the more I played with it the more I realized it has true potential. I was tinkering around in the garage with my son and his air rifle and saw my bicycle stand. It is a Feedback Sports tripod. It can clamp the bicycle or your rifle just like a hog saddle and it is adjustable for height and pivots in all the necessary directions. You can actually get quite steady with it and you can reach all of the necessary controls for locking pivot and up-and-down while you have the rifle shouldered. I think it has potential as a toss in the back of the truck just in case kind of thing or even “leave it at your favorite hunting spot” deal, because who really cares since it’s only $110. (It can also double as a bicycle stand LOL.)

Attachments

• 9C2DCC81-906F-4B2D-8C11-86A684C2B12B.jpeg
      9C2DCC81-906F-4B2D-8C11-86A684C2B12B.jpeg
      724 KB · Views: 183
    • 6CB83605-BC4E-49C6-B89E-4DD933F33769.jpeg
      6CB83605-BC4E-49C6-B89E-4DD933F33769.jpeg
      487.5 KB · Views: 177
    • 38598B41-D48E-4505-A20E-C999CDEFF67C.jpeg
      38598B41-D48E-4505-A20E-C999CDEFF67C.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 185
    Heck yea I like it! I can already think of a few spots on the old hunting lease that would be awesome for. There were a couple of 100% natural ground blinds on the edge of cattle pasture that setup of yours woulda been awesome...nice ingenuity. I'm actually learning about all things tripod at the moment.

i own two Park Stands for my bike shop, but gave my Feedback Sports stand to our son. (Ouch) The Feedback stand does not well with a Time Trial bike and that is where the Park Tools stands work so well.

But will park tool stands holder rifle? Lol
    Don’t know, but thinking it really won’t work as well as the Feedback. The Feedback stand has tripod legs that when extended reach out from the very bottom. The Park Tool stands I use, one is quite heavy and the other is a full tripod. The Feedback‘s bike holder works differently, more of a saddle instead of Park’s grip. (the saddle makes grasping a TT bikes aero seatpost all but impossible as it won’t extend far enough. )

552B2674-A243-4CB1-8289-C0703A5383F4.jpeg

Last edited:
    Yeah that’s a great bike repair stand but it won’t double as a shooting tripod as well. Not shown in the photos above, the tripod on Feedback sports spreads out way wider for more stability.

Yeah that’s a great bike repair stand but it won’t double as a shooting tripod as well. Not shown in the photos above, the tripod on Feedback sports spreads out way wider for more stability.
    As said, its really heavy, quite stable due to its weight but is built to work standing. Since much of the work on a bike is towards the bottom of the bike, the stand is really high and not very low if you get my drift.

They do make relatively cheap shooting tripods. Like SLIK etc. If you don’t mind “made in China”