• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Poor man's handheld thermal scanner

st1650

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
I'm looking for a chinesium or ITAR friendly handheld thermal with high fov and the ability to record on a microsd. Don't need much more than 300 yards so a 384x28 core is fine. I like a 1-1.5x optical mag range for a scanner.

Budget is 1500-2000$

So far I have the Iray E3+ on the list

I don't like the Pulsar Axion because of the lack of FOV

Any suggestions?

Looks pretty good for the coin.

Reactions: Rambo Sonny
Also, check out Travis at Santa Claus Optics. He usually has the best price and has fantastic customer service to boot.

Would you know who’s the OEM manufacturer? I can’t seem to find a source in Canada and I doubt an American company will want to export it even if it’s ITAR free.

You can't helmet mount the 19 and having tested both of those unit's, the FOV of the 15 is betterer and FOV is what you want most in a spotter.
The focus is all but useless, unless your sitting in one spot, with a stationary target.
The 15 is lighter and costs less too.

Reactions: st1650
Can't find any AGM in Canada and can't import them from the states but it looks like those guys:

Little better FOV (I think the base zoom is 0.8 as opposed to 0.9 on the AGM15) but seems mostly the same product. And can be helmet mounted. Pretty cheap at 1200$ USD

Found this unit locally:

1800CAD which is roughly 1400USD.
It does seems like exactly the same specs as the TM15-384, just relabeled.
Thoughts ?

Bering optics phenom, 640i core, 35mm lense. They're quite good for about 2 g's.
Agreed. However, the lower 2K price is for the Phenom 384. The 640 is in the lower 3K range.

Last edited: